Manager - Warehouse - Retail/eCommerce (2-7 yrs)
Warehouse Manager - Retail / E-Commerce
- Ensuring that stocks stored at various locations are secured in a proper manner.
- Develop systems and processes for storage and transportation ensuring zero damages.
- Develop and maintain guidelines for Storage of Goods in the Warehouses.
- Highlighting the Management of slow and non-moving stocks for speedy liquidation.
- Proposing Write off of finished goods as per the SOP.
- Ensuring perpetual inventory system in all warehouses and maintenance of records.
- Coordination with auditors to check independently whether the systems and processes are in place.
- Warehouse cost management for Pan India locations, selection of warehouses & negotiation of Warehouse servicing cost.
- Hiring / Releasing Warehouses based on Annual plan / Short term plans.
- Driving operational efficiencies at Hubs & Warehouses to manage high throughputs, fast truck turnaround, etc
- Manage demand fulfillment for all channels GT, MT, Ecommerce & Exports
- Ensuring that all the warehouses meet the statutory hygiene and safety norms.
- Ensuring proper handling of mismatches/short/ excess stocks as per the SOP.
- Analyzing the performance of various WSPs(Warehouse service provider) and based on the results of such analysis- change non-performing WSP's
- Monitoring utilization of assets and regular corrective actions.
- Benchmark the different logistics practices across the other companies and finalize ESPB strategy on secondary freight for different markets.
- Ensuring Implementation of FMFO across the warehouses for Categories identified for this purpose, Review the FMFO adherence levels regularly & create an action Plan to address the same.
- Preparation and presenting the stock aging report to management with appropriate suggestions for corrective action
- Ensuring inventory accuracy across the warehouses is as per target.
Secondary Transportation Management:
- Secondary transportation rate negotiations, vendor developments & agreement finalizations jointly with Regional Logistics teams.
- Monthly tracking of Rs./Kg cost Vs Budget and against last year and drive reduction of that.
- Maintain secondary transportation master data, freight rates, routes, distance, etc to analyze & drive best in class cost efficiencies
- To develop and implement systems to track the TITs to the customers and ensure regular feedback is given to the MC.
- Monitor TAT levels and work towards the improvement of service levels for Maximum customer satifsfaction.
- Engage with transporters on service levels and conduct regular monthly reviews along with regional teams.
- Ensure all relevant warehouses follow export related warehousing standards & compliances. Visit warehouses & do self audits.
- Ensure effective export logistics management to lead in cost optimization and high customer satisfaction with respect to delivery.
- Good understanding of Exim policies; customs rules and regulations.
- Selecting CHA & Freight forwarders and negotiating contracts and rates.
- Monitoring & ensuring all exports scheduling done within time. All consignments are boarded on vessels as per cut-offs.
- Excellent customer service skills in dealing with customers. Communicate with international customers & resolve their issues.
- Onboard & ready warehouses for exports by getting self-sealing license & audits done.
- Identifying the Training needs of the Logistics Team.
- Work with Internal/External consultants on identifying the right programs
- Anchoring relevant people processes for developing team members.
- Driving the team to deliver superior results and enhancing their capabilities.
- Ensuring SAP Training is imparted to all the new entrants in the team and to the WSPs.
Code of Conduct and ensuring compliance of statutory norms:
- Educating team on the prevalent company norms and expected work practices.
- Ensuring compliance to all relevant and applicable statutes by reviewing the degree of compliance on a periodical basis.
- Data orientation: Analytics & Advanced Excel
- Ability to pay close attention and notice minor details
- Strong execution skills
- Negotiation Skills
- People management
- Ability to work with multiple stake holders in a fast paced & dynamic environment
- Sales Operation Manager, Asst. Finance Manager, Head of Finance, Finance
- Executives and Asst. Manager Logistics.
- WSPs, Transporters and Audit Firms