Talent Specialist at Xpheno Private Limited
Views:82 Applications:13 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Manager - Trade Accounting Operation - Investment Banking (5-7 yrs)
Manager Trade Accounting Operation (Investment Banking)
Team Summary :
- We are looking for a Manager for our Trade Accounting and Operations group based in Hyderabad. The group handles post trade activities for hedge funds with one of their core daily objectives being ensuring post trade activities happen in a timely manner and record an accurate view of positions, cash and P&L in the books.
- The group works closely with counterparties, fund administrators and investment managers to achieve this and the primary activities for the same include daily street reconciliations, settlements, P/L reconciliations, admin reconciliations and fund accounting (GAV / NAV preparation), Investor Accounting (incl. Fee calculations) and Regulatory reporting. The group deals with a variety of strategies and different kinds of financial instruments, spanning different geographies and time zones.
What You'll Do :
- Accountability for work product of the team - daily trade, position, Swap MTMs, and cash reconciliations to the prime broker / custodians/administrators as well as all income / expense accruals.
- In addition, overseeing timely reconciliations and settlements of OTC products.
- Playing an active oversight role in day-to-day operations, escalation of aged breaks, business-as-usual troubleshooting and setting direction and goals for individuals.
- Coordinating with investment managers, prime brokers & administrators to resolve day-to-day exceptions, as well as develop more strategic initiatives
- Liaising with other internal functions like pricing, middle office and collateral management to resolve discrepancies and/or respond to internal queries.
- Assisting the team and playing a review role for the accounting close (monthly / bi-weekly); providing adequate support for outstanding breaks, and preparation of month-end binder.
- Working with the team in NY and locally to define strategy and new projects, including prioritizations.
What You'll Need :
- The ideal candidate must have an MBA (Finance) / CFA / CA or any another equivalent qualification
- 5-7 years of work experience in fund accounting
- In-depth domain / finance knowledge, attention to detail, the ability to work with minimal supervision and experience in managing high performers.
- Drive to enhance the efficiency of processes
- Strong project management skills and effective managerial ability
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel.