Manager - Service Desk - IT (1-14 yrs)
Role: Service Desk Manager
Type: Full Time
- Analyzes complex business needs presented by the user community and/or clients and recommends technical solutions.
- Coordinates with the IT teams of our clients in order to troubleshoot operations impacting issues by setting up a conference call with other IT departments.
- Ensures the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Directs operations in executing production tasks according to a documented schedule that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Produces a detailed timeline for each application release and implements effective project control by monitoring the progress of the software release and reporting the status.
- Directs and prioritizes the workload of subordinate personnel.
- Approves all business requirements prior to the technical solution.
- Participates on all hardware and software evaluations and maintains vendor contracts.
- Represents the IT function at customer review meetings when appropriate.
- Directs education programs for her/his staff.
- Perform liaison duties between users, operations, and programming personnel in the areas of systems design, modifications or trouble shooting.
- Performs salary administration and conducts interviews and makes recommendations for new hires, consultants and/or replacement personnel.
- Define metrics to ensure the level of service defined are met.
- Enforce procedures to provide the highest level of quality of service.