Senior Associate Consultant at Exponent Consulting
Views:2681 Applications:82 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:21
Manager/Senior Manager - Taxation - NBFC - CA (6-11 yrs)
Job Description - Manager or Senior Manager - Taxation
- Preparing the provisional Computation of Income on a quarterly basis for quarterly reporting.
- Preparing the Computation of Income and filing of Income Tax Returns.
- Preparation / Review of Tax Audit Reports.
- Led the team in filing various tax related returns like Form 15G/H, Equalisation levy, SFT, FATCA, and CRS.
- Preparation of Submissions for Scrutiny assessments.
- Appearance before the Income Tax Officer for attending hearings.
- Involved in preparing the working and analysis for various tax planning propositions.
- Reviewing and preparing responses to various notices received from the Income Tax Department.
- Filing of application seeking permission u/s 281 of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- Reviewing the business requirement documents and formats for implementing new systems /accounting software, changes in the existing software, etc.
- developing the requisite workflows and performing system testing in UAT environment for the new system or changes suggested.
- Assessing and advising on the TDS applicability on various payments.
- Assisting the company in smooth implementation of the applicable tax laws at the company and employee level including FATCA and CRS applicable to Financial Institutions/Banks.
- Responsible for timely GST compliance of monthly payments and return filing.
- Advising on the applicability of GST on various transactions of income and expenses and assisting in tax planning measures.
- Continuously making efforts to further streamline the processes and systems to ensure accuracy of GST impact on each transaction captured and data extraction from the system for return filing or data analysis.
- Guiding the team and liasioning with the consultants in preparing the reconciliation for GSTR 2A with the books and taking the necessary steps to avoid any penal consequences or financial losses.
- Play a dual role of reviewer and executor for ensuring compliance of state wise GST Audits.
- Compiling the data & preparing responses to various notices received from GST department.
- Supervising and assisting in a service tax audit, inquiries conducted by the dept.