Recruitment Consultant at Bask HR
Views:2182 Applications:59 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:29
Manager/Senior Manager - Litigation - LLM/LLB (7-14 yrs)
1. Provide guidance and advice to team involved in prosecuting or defending criminal, civil and consumer cases for and against the Company
2. Manage subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met while adhering to approved budgets.
3. Developing internal procedures, promoting effective teamwork preparing and reviewing court filings. Developing trial strategies, develop and implement wide range of best practices.
4. Full responsibility for litigation outcome and budgets. Efficiently manages external counsels, arguing counsels and law firms.
5. Meeting with and advising business, operations and functional teams on ongoing or potential litigation.
6. Ability to identify potential litigation and proactively plan action to mitigate legal, business and financial risks client. Review details of cases and determine a strategy should the case make it to trial or advise teams about handling the case out of court.
7. Prepare for trial. Assemble names of potential witnesses, arrange for expert depositions, interview witnesses and other parties relevant to the case, and examine evidence that could be used as trial exhibits. Develop strong defense in reactive matters and ensure that the Company's interest is protected and there is no loss of business momentum.
8. Be a self-starter and self-motivated individual and display high ownership and enthusiasm at work.
9. Develop a trial strategy to win the case. During court proceedings, work closely with law firms and external teams to present evidence, make opening and closing statements, ex-amine and cross-examine witnesses and experts, and argue motions.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS :
- Demonstrated (hands on experience) in commercial advisory and litigation management
- Should have good understanding of : contract and privacy law, arbitration and ADRs, (a) Legal Metrology Act and Rules; and (b) Real Estate Compliance, intellectual property assignment,
- Good working knowledge of contracts law, criminal and civil procedure code, consumer act proceedings
- Should have excellent research, analytical skills and should be able to exercise judgment and discretion to opine on compliance/ legal issues effectively.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES :
- Strong communication skills and excellent command over English (both oral and writ-ten)
- Ability to influence senior management
- Keep abreast of latest developments in judicial review and applicable law. Develop and implement knowledge share sessions.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a senior management team.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication, research, organizational and analytical skills. Detail- oriented and results-driven team player.