Consultant at Domnic Lewis International
Views:422 Applications:94 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Manager/Senior Manager - Commercial - Chemicals (10-15 yrs)
About Domnic Lewis Group :
Domnic Lewis is a successful and innovative recruitment firm that works with Fortune 500 companies, has a strong commitment to diversity in hiring, and uses talent mapping as a key part of its recruitment process. The company operates in North America, India, and Australia, and has recently entered the gig hiring market by building communities. It has also been recognized for its efforts in diversity hiring through awards.
Currently we are looking for a "Manager/Senior Manager - Commercial" for a leading paints manufacturing company.
Job Location is Mumbai
Job Description :
Strategic Buying :
- Developing, implementing and monitoring the procurement strategy, policy and procedures for an addressable spend in the Paints section for Direct Spend category for decorative and Industrial Business Units.
- Identify the major cost drivers for each business and work on mitigating any cost escalation through the development and implementation of strategies for the effective negotiation.
- Cost benefit Analysis for take or Buy decision and management of strategic contracts.
- Leading and driving initiatives that deliver improvements in procurement efficiency and effectiveness of procurement activity and creating a simplified process in collaboration with the stake holders
- Key vendor management for the strategic supply partners.
- Identification and Assessment of new Outside Processing Units.
Operational Procurement :
- Managing the day to day operation of the procurement department and its resources in order to deliver the Procurement Strategy, based on the Business requirements and drive Cost Optimisation and Business sustainability.
- Work with Technical and production to develop alternate raw materials.
- Actively manage the portfolio of suppliers to strengthen partnerships with key suppliers and continuously manage supplier performance and optimize the value for money.
- Ensuring a high degree of compliance to the policies and Government regulations.
- Drive an innovative culture of continuous process improvement.
The Successful Applicant :
- Be a Post Graduate (MBA/MSc/ME/M.Com)
- Work experience of 10-15 years in similar capacity in a Paint, Coatings, Inks, Adhesives, Chemicals and related industries in the organized sector.
- Be thorough with using procurement tools (SAP MM or any other ERP System)
- Exposure to Ariba, e-auctions, Advanced Excel or Power BI.
- Have considerable knowledge of methods of analyzing suppliers 6 material, contract language, compliance requirements, and financial risk.
- Have the ability to develop 6 execute business continuity/strategic plans to provide direction toward the achievement of financial targets.
- Have a track record of exceptional collaborative relationships with suppliers, contractors and colleagues.
- Be an excellent negotiation, oral, and written communication skills.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.