Manager - Risk/M&A - BFS (1-2 yrs)
Job Purpose :
1. Evaluation of M&A opportunities is critical, even if it means coming to a conclusion of not going ahead. The role would be requiring capturing various information about the target, commercial assessment of business models, preparation of valuation model and supporting on other aspects of the transaction. Further, tracking external M&A transactions would also be necessary to keep an eye on what's happening with the competition. For this the role would use the Executive under the role and provide his views on the transactions to his seniors.
2. The role shall assist in assessing the effectiveness of the risk function in each of the companies. The role shall also require significant interaction / engagement with the group companies.
1. The group keeps evaluating various M&A opportunities and track M&A activities in the industry like any large corporate would do.
2. Group Assurance and Risk function supports various entities in identification and management of risks. This also includes managing certain projects which are led at the group level. As the risk function matures, it is intended that an assessment of risk functions within each of the companies is periodically carried out to assess the efficacy of the function.
- Data gathering and evaluation
- Commercial evaluation of business model
- Developing valuation model
- Getting M&A library updated from Executive on periodic basis and providing summary outcomes to Seniors
- Tracking external M&A deals
40% Risk effectiveness:
- Assist in assessing the effectiveness of the risk function in each of the companies.
- Interaction / engagement with the group companies. - Participating in other group led risk projects
20% Periodical reporting :
- Review of Group debt exposure by Executive and providing inputs to seniors on outcome
- Review of daily M&A reporting by Executive before being sent to Media team
Desired profile :
- 1 year of experience
- Understanding of corporate actions and risk