Manager - Talent Sourcing at Myriad Consulting
Views:327 Applications:92 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:29
Manager - Revenue Accounting - ASC 606 (5-15 yrs)
The Manager, Revenue Accountant is responsible for reporting revenues and providing both sequential and year-over-year analysis, providing internal revenue reports by product and segment. The position requires a strong understanding of accounting while simultaneously being able to explain the business drivers to the Director of Revenue Reporting and Analysis. The Manager, Revenue Accountant position will have two direct reports and strong mentorship abilities will be vital to the position. The ideal candidate will be able to manage a strong process while maintaining some flexibility for any ad hoc changes the business requires.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage & supervise all aspects of Revenue Accounting and Reporting in compliance with established practices and generally accepted accounting principles as follows:
- Analyse monthly billing cycles to identify changes in trends
- Maintain weekly rolling schedule of short-term revenue forecast
- Ensure that revenues are properly posted into the General Ledger
- Ensure that those revenues subject to deferral are properly deferred
- Review accounts receivable and determine appropriate allowance for doubtful accounts
- Review intercarrier (ICC) accounts receivable and determine allowance for doubtful accounts
- Perform various revenue analysis as required from time to time, including variance to plan analysis
- Assist in the annual audit and quarterly updates for financial reporting
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests and other tasks as assigned.
- Hands on experience on ASC 606, T 340.
- Business partner role: Serves as a liaison with other functions within Organization to ensure that all data has been properly captured to close the books monthly per US GAAP.
- Finance operations lead: Work with the accounting team and FP&A team to understand expected trends in the business to facilitate monthly closing and analysis of results.
- Business Support System management: Own the finance system and ensure that necessary updates, automation, and integrations are efficiently planned and timely implemented with co-ordination from different internal/external support.
About you: (education, linguistic ability, professional experience, leadership qualities, soft skills)
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
- CA/CPA with a Bachelors degree in Business Administration/Accounting (Masters Degree is a plus)
- 7+ years of experience leading accounting teams and knowledge of the monthly and annual closing process for a US Company/Client
- Experience in ASC 606, T-340 is must.
- Revenue Rec Module of Oracle and Excel
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Current CA/CPA with knowledge of current rules and pronouncements
- Strong managerial and leadership skills
- Use of financial systems applications Oracle and/or leading ERPs to close books
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills