Manager - Quality - Modules/Photovoltaic Manufacturing Process (10-20 yrs)
1. Position Manager, Quality - Modules
2. Business Unit Photovoltaic (PV) Manufacturing
Location Jamnagar, Gujarat (India)
Immediate Supervisor HOD/ Senior Manager, Quality - Cells & Modules
3. Role/ Job Summary:
The Manager, Quality - Modules will serve as the quality engineering team lead supporting the PV module manufacturing operations. He/ she will work with his/ her team of engineers to drive total quality management. Strong engineering expertise and quality methodologies are expected must-haves in order to drive the Company's quality goals and also issue-resolution and prevention. He/ she will be the quality advocate for the team and business.
4. Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Quality Reliability Assurance (Ops):
- Ensure that QMS (Quality Management System) is in place and functioning optimally for the assigned Business Unit(s).
- Drive continuous improvement in quality for dept and cross departments through mechanisms such as ICAR, SPC (Statistical Process Control), SFM (SightBridge System for Management), FMEA (Failure Modes and Effects Analysis), etc.
- Chair necessary material or product assurance platforms. Reviewer for disposition and recommendation on materials and products.
- Support the Operations team working collaboratively for the smooth running of production in quality assurance.
Site Quality Management System / ISO and Document Management
- Provide leadership in site QMS and sustaining to necessary certification
Broad Coordination :
- Working with regional field teams to improve and drive quality goals in the factory. This is expected to be done by championing the quality required within the right understanding of the business context.
Supplier Quality Management:
- Conduct audits and reviews and ratings.
- Resolve conflicts in quality performance.
- Team manager and able to collaborate effectively with other departments.
1. Required Qualifications, Competence & Skills :
Technical/ Professional - Bachelor's / Master's /Ph.D. in Engineering
- Trained & conversant in quality tools and or systems (E.g. ISO lead auditor)
- Knowledgeable & Application experience in reliability testing methods and approaches.
- Working experience in the Solar/ Semiconductor/ Electronics manufacturing industry is advantageous.
People/ Relations - Ability to interface and communicate effectively with the cross-functional team as well as external stake holders and also external auditors.
2. Additional Advantageous Skills:
- Having prior work experience in Quality and/ or Reliability
- Prior experience as MR (Management Representative) for ISO
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.