Managing Director at Impact HR Services
Views:1813 Applications:101 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
Manager - Purchase - Specialty Chemicals (10-19 yrs)
Client Profile: Our client is an established, reputed, leading, Global MNC Speciality Chemicals organisation. They are setting up a greenfield manufacturing plant in Bharuch. Our clients seek to recruit young, dynamic & experienced Purchase Manager to head the function. The position is based in Bharuch and reports to the Plant-Head. Our clients offer excellent salary/perks as per industry norms & commensurate with experience.
What can you expect: Autonomy in decision making, Exciting environment while doing industry first experiments/ innovations, Highly meritocratic set up - High growth trajectory when you do well
Interviews are scheduled around 15th July inMumbaiand the position is expected to be closed by end-July.
We have the following vacancy:
Manager - Purchase Will head the function and lead a small team. Will have full decision making authority within the context of budget and priorities agreed with Site Manager.
- Will oversee all Procurement activities associated with the effective purchasing of Project requirements by the Procurement Department in accordance with Project or end user schedules, specifications and budgets.
- Develop in conjunction with Project Manager/Coordinators the Project Procurement Plan and Execution Strategy for the Project. Handle and manage Project RFQ- s, commercial evaluations, PO award and PO administration to final delivery and PO close out.
- Will initially handle Project-procurement function for the greenfield venture and subsequently handle routine on-going materails & procurement function once production commences
1.Provide procurement support for Bids, and participate in bid reviews and evaluations.
2.Develop and maintain a commercially sound Vendor base, survey the market for new supply sources including non-traditional ones and maintain Project - Approved Vendor List- .
3.Evaluate vendor performance on continuous basis.
4.Monitor and review market conditions and price & delivery trends for Project materials and equipments.
5.Provide support to project cost controls in procurement related activities, bid versus buy analysis and the preparation of cash flow plans for project purchases orders
6.To conduct regular supplier reviews / audits and address any supplier performance issues using supplier management and improvement techniques.
7.To identify, coordinate and drive continuous improvement projects both internally and with the suppliers.
8.Liaise with Group purchasing personnel in H.O to establish sourcing strategies and group synergies.
- B .Tech/ B.E. prefeerably with additional qualifications in Materials Management and with 10-16 years experience in Purchase function (both projects-purchase & regular purchases for production) in chemical / process organisations. Some experience in EPC industry is an advantage. Experience in setting up of a Functional Procurement Team/Department, establishing work-flows, operating procedures, and establishing job descriptions for the team members.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. Strong analytical and problem solving skills and meticulous.
- Able to work fast under pressure and willing to make tough decisions. Computer literate and ability to work in ERP environment. People Person, Good at Networking, Good Negotiator, Financial Analysis Skills, Understanding of Supply Chain Management Procedures a plus.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.