Co-Founder & Director at Maquette Consulting Group
Views:8938 Applications:766 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:611
Manager - Product Marketing - Lifestyle Products (5-8 yrs)
We are looking for Manager - Product marketing for Global Lifestyle Product Company,
BASIC FUNCTIONS :
Responsible for the top line and bottomline for the assigned category.
- Responsible for the lifecycle management of the category, including conceptualization, new product development, product enhancement, and discontinuation.
- Responsible for understanding consumer trends and competitive landscape to further the long term strategy for the category. Decisions made on products produced, manufacturing capacities, marketing strategies, and the need for engineering consultants will be largely influenced by the data and analysis generated by and recommendations made by the Product Manager.
- He/she is to coordinate and work closely with the Plant to ensure all product issues are well taken care of . He/she is also to work with all company India departments including Engineering, Industrial Designing, Sales, Communications, Showrooms, Technical support, Finance and Supply Chain.
- Direct liaison with relevant US headquarters departments is also necessary. Operate as the recognized central authority on all marketing matters related to assigned products.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Develop long-term marketing plans for assigned product lines. Incorporate sales, advertising, research and promotional efforts required to meet current and projected market objectives.
- Prepare annual marketing plans for assigned products.
- Lead the New Product Development of the category. Work closely with Industrial Design team to design the product and with Product Engineering to close the technical features of the product. Build business case for all New Products proposed to get Management Sign Off on Capital Budget. Post approval work with Engineering and Plant team to launch products on time and on cost.
- Develop plans for introducing and discontinuing products in line with marketing group's long-range market objectives.
- Manage product prices (including those of spare parts), terms of sale and discounts recognizing out objectives and our competition.
- Conduct Market Research to understand the consumer behavior and trends to ensure that the category remains on the leading edge of technology and innovation.
- Become Subject Matter Expert on assigned product markets including a complete intelligence file on competitors' pricing, field activity, customer service channels of market distribution and end-user preferences. Become familiar with product materials, manufacturing, packaging, transportation and promotions.
- Relate and recommend changes in established market distribution and strategy as necessitated by market and consumer preferences.
- Coordinate the interpretation of plumbing codes and distribution of this information to the field sales organization.
- Seek legal advice from corporate counsel to insure propriety of pricing mechanism, trademarks, product labeling, policies and contractual agreements.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.