Director at Mirus Solutions
Views:161 Applications:39 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:26
Manager - Operations Risk & Compliance - BFS (10-15 yrs)
Ops Risk & Compliance
About the role :
The role of the Manager is to play a leading role in the provision of 2nd line risk support to the Corporate Centre (CC). This involves:
- Review and Challenge : Planning and undertaking appropriate review and challenge of 1st line risk management activities (eg risk profiling, Key Risk Indicators, control testing, regulatory change implementation, product risk assessments)
- Reporting : Preparing independent assurance reporting for key stakeholders including leadership teams and Board and Management Committees.
- Advisory services : Providing risk and compliance advisory services in the context of day to day business activities and / or specific projects and initiatives, including targeted risk assessments.
- Framework development : assisting in the development and maintenance of a risk and compliance framework that is fit for purpose, including the updating of risk and compliance documentation per regulatory requirements (e.g. Risk Management Strategy), supporting the implementation of group wide frameworks, undertaking the assurance process which supports annual Risk Management Declarations
- The role is also accountable for promoting a strong risk and compliance culture throughout the Corporate Centre businesses and working with the team to build strong, open and transparent relationships with all key stakeholders.
What will your day look like :
Your key priorities and responsibilities include :
- Plan and implement targeted risk & control reviews to minimise future losses
- Reviewing and approve incident closures, ensuring appropriate steps have been taken to prevent future reoccurrence and cap immediate losses
- Seek out and drive initiatives which improve process efficiency, and demonstrate cost conscious behaviour
- Through consultation and advisory services, promote risk conscious decision making and efficient risk management practices within Corporate Centre
- Act as a Subject Matter Expertise (SME) on all aspects of the risk management framework operating within CC, including :
- Implementation of the I.AM Framework and Compliance frameworks within the CC.
- The use of risk tools and systems
- Implementation of risk related policies and procedures
- Risk consulting to Projects and Initiatives
- Providing pragmatic and commercial risk management advisory services to internal customers
- Respond in a timely manner to customer requests, take ownership and follow-up
What will you bring? :
To grow and be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following :
- Strong understanding of the I.AM Operational Risk Framework is a must (Line of defence) - Mandatory
- Business Report Writing
- Demonstrated Experience in Risk Management - Mandatory
- Understanding of Risk Management Principles
- Understand E2E Key Control identification, testing requirements
- COR and other risk toolkits
- Financial Crime Risk Exposure (Good if they are ACAMS certified) - Mandatory
- 10 years of minimum experience - Mandatory
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.