Manager - Operations - Logistics (7-11 yrs)
Category - Operations
Skills - PuD operations, operations, analysis, pick up & delivery, logistics, hub operations
Job Type - Permanent
Job Duration -
Job Description - Leadership role to lead PUD Operations in a leading logistics organization.
- Part of the strategic team, managing large teams and handling end-to-end operations.
A 3PL organization, offering integrated business services in the field of shipping, logistics, ecommerce, delivery services, access, citizenship, global trade, aviation, transportation, freight, package delivery etc.
You should be a responsible leader with an analytical and strategic mind and have a broad knowledge of the business.
- Plan warehouses and distribution centres for efficiency in both operations and capacity
- Organise transportation activities, including storage of goods, managing information accrued from point of origin to delivery, orchestrating transportation movements, and arranging for services as necessary
- Coordinate and track movement of goods through logistic pathways
- Execute logistics plan to move products and packages to reach destinations on schedule
- Review freight rates and other transportation costs to keep working costs low
- Maintains quality throughout the logistic processes
Key Deliverables/ Outcomes
- Strong stakeholder management skills across Operations, Business Finance, Human Resources etc.
- Strategic and long term thinking.
- High degree of Business knowledge.
- Extraordinary Change Management skills: Processes, Policies, Training & Systems
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills
- Strong bias for Impact based Action: company works at a very rapid pace & that is what would be expected.
The client is looking for someone with 7-10 years experience along with an Engineering degree and an MBA (preferred). Previous experience of having handled operations in along with a business acumen is preferred.
The role involves managing a significantly large staff span and hence strong people management and cross functional leadership experience is a must.
Opportunity to be a part of a meritocratic environment with strong level of independence to drive the company forward besides working with the board on key strategic initiatives.
Page Group India is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Contact - Nishita Shah - +91 (0) 22 4236 3358
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.