Manager - Municipal Finance & Reforms - Urban Governance NGO (5-8 yrs)
As manager-Municipal Finance, your role would comprise the following:
1. Support in achieving large-scale reforms in municipal finances, specifically on alternative source for financing urban infrastructure.
2. Project manage and execute donor and state level engagements.
3. Deepen research and advocacy on tapping into an alternative source for financing urban infrastructure.
4. Publish white papers and articles in leading newspapers on municipal finance roadmap based on Janaagraha's work in the area.
5. Support CEO in groundwork and extensive preparation required to draw up organization strategy.
6. Support CEO in exploring new institutional forms for municipal consulting, including fundraising and business plan for the same.
Qualifications and Experience
1. A Post Graduate in Public Policy (with interest in Public Finance), Business Management, Finance or Economics
2. At least 3 years of professional work experience in Public Finance, Accounting, Management Consulting or Economics
3. Candidates from alternative academic backgrounds with outstanding academic and career accomplishments and relevant work experience would also be considered.
What we look for in a Manager - Municipal Finance
1. Strong domain knowledge of Finance and Accounting (theory and practice, standards, best practices, systems and processes etc.)
2. Ability and willingness to grasp quickly, concepts of Municipal Finance and government accounting
3. Strong quantitative and analytical capabilities
4. Ability to manage large projects in partnership with external stakeholders
5. Strong project management skills
6. Good communication skills- both written and verbal
7. Ability to work across teams
8. Willingness to extend oneself to accomplish work objectives with tight deadlines, simultaneously pursuing excellence
9. Positive attitude, flexibility and ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment
10. Persuasive skills to engage with government functionaries and deliver on programme objectives.