Recruiter at Black Turtle
Views:1618 Applications:36 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Manager - Model Risk Control - BFSI (5-9 yrs)
Manager Model Risk Control - Kolkata
Management of Risk (Operational Risk / FIM requirements) :
- The jobholder will continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring. Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls (Compliance Policy / FIM requirements) :
- The jobholder will adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group's compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Regional Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term - compliance- embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with the Compliance function about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators
- Responsibilities extend across all GRA functions and Regions
- Team player as part of a team of resources located in UK/ India
- This is an individual contributor role
Qualifications and Accreditations :
- MBA with focus in Finance & Risk Management OR
- Masters degree in a relevant numerical discipline (or equivalent)
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Capabilities :
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience in a bank, financial institute or consulting firm in a risk management domain
- Prior experience and expertise in a model risk governance and controls role
- A demonstrated ability to effectively balance risk management, regulatory expectations and commercial pragmatism
- History of working in a global role or role of similar complexity
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills is mandatory; knowledge of Tableau will be a plus
- Ability to undertake in-depth reviews of complex processes, systems and procedures
- Resourceful, creative and inquisitive approach to dealing with high levels of complexity and ambiguity
- Excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders at all levels of seniority
- Highly motivated, with the ability to prioritise under pressure
- Able to operate effectively in an uncertain landscape and on unfamiliar ground
- Keen sense of urgency - able to achieve results quickly
- Knowledge of global and regional/ country regulatory landscape
- Track record in product management, project management or business analytics will be beneficial
- Able to progress multiple tasks at the same time, well organized, detail oriented
- Flexibility to work with colleagues in a cross-border team across timezones
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.