Consultant at Black Turtle
Views:1040 Applications:206 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:47
Manager - Market Risk/Model Validation - Investment Bank - IIT/NIT/BITS (5-7 yrs)
- Validate banks pricing/risk models developed by Quantitative Strategy Group and Global Risk Analytics for one or more asset classes: IR (Interest Rates), FX (Foreign Exchange), Inflation, Equity, Commodity, Credit and Mortgage.
- Review the underlying assumptions, theory, derivation, empirical evidence, implementation and limitations of the model being validated
- Perform independent testing, scenario analysis and back-testing to identify/quantify model risk associated with the model being validated
- Prepare validation report and technical documents for the model being validated
- Work closely with the model stakeholders (business, Market Risk, Finance/PVG and other control functions) with respect to compensating controls of the models and communication of validation outcomes
- Maintain a sub-portfolio of model inventory and perform annual model reviews, on-going monitoring reviews, Required Actions Items closure and etc.
- Education: Masters or Ph.D. degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Financial Mathematics, Economics, Computational Finance, Engineering Physics etc.
- Educational institutes: Top tier IITs, NITs, Indian Statistical Institutes, IIMs etc.
- Certifications (preferred but not mandatory): FRM, CFA etc.
- Experience Range: 5 7 years
- Minimum of 2 or more years of experience in the quantitative modeling and/or validation field
- Strong quantitative skills
- In-depth understanding of financial mathematics including stochastic calculus, probability theory and time-series modeling
- Strong knowledge of financial instruments in one or more asset classes and financial risk management principles
- Knowledge of complex OTC derivative products and underlying risks
- Strong Written and Oral Communication
- Ability to follow up with issues and summarize discussions
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and work well with people at all levels
- Attention to details
- Willingness to learn
- Strong work ethic
- Team player
- Strong coding ability in Python, C++ or R is a plus
- Experience in derivatives pricing/risk models in one or more asset classes is a plus
- Experience in LATEK
- Speaking/presentation skills in a professional setting