Senior Associate at Iris Corporate Solutions
Views:2415 Applications:214 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
Manager - Market & Competitive Intelligence - IIM/XLRI/FMS/MDI (3-6 yrs)
Market & Competitive Intelligence Manager: Job Description
Corporate Strategy team facilitates the development of long term growth strategy, and high-impact operational decisions. It leverages fact based analyses and consumer insights to shape strategic focus for Organization.
The team works directly with the top management of Company. The team collaborates with leaders across functions to ensure seamless execution of recommended strategic initiatives.
Position Description & Major Responsibilities
- Own competition insights from a category, customer, service and capabilities dimension
- Partner extensively with external consultants, sellers, brands, logistics players, payment players and customers for deeper grasp of competition and market
- Identifying new sources of market intelligence in core retail and adjacent opportunities for organization, both in India and globally
- Aligning internal categories on market share, and communicating current trends to aid categories in decision making
- Analysing India e-tail trends and estimating the market size by players, category, tiers, etc.
- Anchoring consumer research to identify the need-gap faced by the current and prospective online shoppers
- MBA from a Top Tier business school in India / abroad
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in market intelligence, competitive intelligence, market research
- Prior experience in e-commerce / retail / consumer goods / supply chain will be a plus
- Good problem solving skills in an ambiguous and unstructured environment
Key competencies -
- Able to define and drive cross-functional projects and maintain high ownership
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail, strong business intuition and deep understanding of consumer internet space
- Proficiency in market research, program management and managing cross-functional teams
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong bias-for-action