Managing Director at Corporate Search & Placements Pvt. Ltd.
Views:3154 Applications:0 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Manager - Litigation - LLB - Bank (3-8 yrs)
We have been retained by our client, a well-established, professionally managed, foreign bank to identify a Manager- Litigation. The position will be based at Mumbai.
Job Purpose :
- Management of the legal affairs and legal risks
- Helping business lines and function, structure transactions, products, contracts, set up procedures along best practices, negotiate arrangements and legal terms with third parties, resolve legal problems, and propose and advise on solutions that help the business lines complete their transactions/resolve issues within the company's operational/legal framework.
- Build a good, sound, responsive and efficient legal team, instill discipline and internal control, set up proper filing systems, procedures, backup systems, managing the corporate secretarial matters, and assessing the legal panel of the bank.
- Manage litigation and disputes.
- Strategizing & Driving to maximize recovery value.
Technical Competencies :
Expertise in handling matters relating to the following acts/guidelines :
- Securitization and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest Act, 2002 (SARFAESI Act)
- RBI Guidelines on Corporate Debt Reconstruction mechanism
- Board for Industrial and Financial Reconstruction (BIFR)
- The Sick Industrial Companies (Special Provisions) Act, 1985 (SICA)
- RBI guidelines on Loans & advances issued to Banks and FIs.
- Knowledge of relevant guidelines of FEMA, Capital Market, Structured Products, Stock Exchange, RBI, Banking Regulation Act, Consumer Protection Act, Laws of Limitation, Companies Act, Lok Adalat & Conciliation etc.
Key responsibilities :
- Review the legal documentation appropriateness and issue the legal opinion.
- Monitor the documentation completeness of the financing, including managing the legal documentation filing.
- Liaise with the client on any legal matter related to a transaction.
- Understanding Legal aspects related to lending, to Project and Infrastructure Finance.
- Legal Aspects of Loan & Investment Products.
- Contributing and taking initiatives in studying various deals already done and putting up for review.
- Investment related documentation and litigation experience.
- Provide legal advice to the business and apprising them, of the legal risks and issues associated with the business, with a responsibility to drive the business forward.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing good relationships with legal managers and specialists both internal and external.
- Work effectively, proactively with business shareholders to ensure a confidence and open business environment.
DESIRED SKILLS/COMPETENCIES :
- Sound understanding of legal documentation for funding transactions including structured documentation.
- Extensive experience in the areas of retail finance, Retail Lending, Legal Aspects of Loan
- Excellent Relationship management skills with an ability to relate to people at all levels of business and management.
- Excellent financial & analytical skills.
- A system & process-oriented approach.
- Good knowledge of MS Office.
- Good team player
- Good Interpersonal & Communications skills.
- Result oriented and entrepreneurial skills.
CANDIDATES PROFILE :
- Candidates should have a degree in Law, with between 3 to 8 years of relevant experience in Banks/NBFCs.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.