Manager - Legal - Startup - LLB (5-10 yrs)
We are currently retained by one of the fastest growing start-ups in India to hire a Manager- Legal.
This is a high growth opportunity but needs someone who is willing to get his hands dirty and build the team for future growth. The company is well funded and scaling up in a big manner.
Please note this requires a Law graduate who has worked on B2B contract negotiations in the past and experience of working in a start-up is a MUST Have.
Key Responsibilities :
- Legal Drafting & vetting including commercial agreements, NDAs, MOU's primarily in the B2B space.
- Knowledge of and engagement with data privacy, data security-related issues, consumer protection and other e-commerce related issues.
- Preparation of standard templates for recurring commercial transactions and to address new business models or legal and business requirements.
- Counselling and collaborating with business/sales clients, marketing, finance, and other business functions necessary to effectively and efficiently accomplish assignments and ensuring best practices in various legal areas such as antitrust, intellectual property protection, contract law, and others.
- Working with internal business partners and advising them on significant legal issues impacting the business, including the drafting and hands-on negotiation of diverse commercial agreements with global parties.
- To ensure that business is provided with legal documentation and advisory support and are legally compliant with all the applicable laws.
To fit the bill you must have:
- Law degree (LLB or equivalent) from a leading university or law school.
- 5- 8 years of legal experience preferably with some start-up/new-age business/FMCG/Retail .
- Excellent legal drafting skills.
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.