Manager - Legal - Pesticide Industry (8-15 yrs)
Reporting to Regional Head Legal - India
Job Purpose & Key Responsibilities :
The position is responsible for litigation management (civil as well as criminal), drafting of contracts, regulatory compliance of the organization with all relevant legal and regulatory obligations and offering advice to internal stakeholders.
Criminal law practice with experience in laws related to Insecticides, Fertilizers and Seeds laws in India is preferred.
Key Accountabilities :
Prepares and vets various agreements, notices, suits, replies and rejoinders.
Handles litigation : Criminal cases (Insecticides Act, Fertilizer Control Order & Seeds Act related), Factory related cases, 138 cases, civil recovery cases, consumer complaints, Legal Metrology cases, Patent / Trademark Infringement cases, Writ Petitions and other cases filed by and against the company.
- Compliance related to pesticide industry, licenses, registration, legal metrology label guidelines etc. Conducts workshops, documents and assists the development and implementation of compliance procedures and presentation to business on compliance time to time.
- Coordinates with external legal counsels for filing Suits/WP as the case may be.
- Prepares note for briefing, briefing counsels, attending hearing as and when required
- Business & Financial acumen
- Analytical Thinking
- Problem solving
- Team Management
- Strategic Planning
- Drafting and modification of legal documents
- Legal advisory and contracts management
- Litigation management
Education & Experience Qualifications:
- Educational Qualifications: Any Law graduate / post-graduate in Law
Relevant Experience Necessary:
Must have legal experience of 8 -12 yrs experience (with a mix of law firm and corporate experience, preferably in a pesticide industry).
Candidates should be willing to travel extensively within India for various litigation as and when required.