Managing Director at Corporate Search & Placements Pvt. Ltd.
Views:2181 Applications:52 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Manager - Legal - NBFC - LLB (5-10 yrs)
Manager - LEGAL - Kolkata
- We have been retained by our client, a well-established, professionally managed NBFC (Non-Banking Finance Company), to identify a Manager - Legal to be based at Kolkata.
Job Purpose :
- Management of the legal affairs and legal risks
- Helping business lines and functions, structure transactions, products, contracts, set up procedures along best practices, negotiate arrangements and legal terms with third parties, resolve legal problems, and propose and advise on solutions that help the business lines complete their transactions/resolve issues within the company's operational/legal framework.
- Manage litigation and disputes.
- Strategizing & driving to maximize recovery value.
Key responsibilities :
- Review the legal documentation appropriateness and advise legal opinion.
- Monitor the documentation completeness of the financing, including managing the legal documentation filing.
- Liaise with the client on any legal matter related to a transaction.
- Contributing and taking initiatives in studying various deals already done and putting up for review.
- Investment related documentation and litigation experience.
- Provide legal advice to the business and apprising them, of the legal risks and issues associated with the business, with a responsibility to drive business forward.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing good relationships with legal managers and specialists both internal and external.
- Work effectively, proactively with business shareholders to ensure a confidence and open business environment.
- Responsible for day to day legal activities and monitoring.
- Develop an effective legal function across & support the Legal & Compliance Department to identify and manage legal risk.
- Ensure that external legal engagements are coordinated.
- Liaising with government departments and regulatory authorities for obtaining necessary sanctions and ensuring compliance with statutory obligations and ensure timely and effective legal solution to all issues faced by the organization.
Technical Competencies :
Expertise in handling matters relating to the following acts / guidelines :
- Securitization and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest Act, 2002 (SARFAESI Act)
- Board for Industrial and Financial Reconstruction (BIFR)
- The Sick Industrial Companies (Special Provisions) Act, 1985 (SICA)
- RBI guidelines on Loans & advances issued to Banks and FIs.
- RBI notifications to Asset Reconstruction Companies.
Desired Skills :
- Sound understanding of legal documentation for funding transactions including structured documentation.
- Extensive experience in the areas of corporate finance, project finance, Corporate Lending, Legal Aspects of Loan & Investment Products.
- Excellent Relationship management skills with ability to relate to people at all levels of business and management.
- Excellent financial & analytical skills.
- Eye for detail.
- Good Interpersonal & Communications skills.
- Result oriented and entrepreneurial skills.
- A system & process-oriented approach.
- Good knowledge in MS Office.
- Excellent Leadership skills.
Candidate Profile :
- Candidates should have a degree in Law, with between 5 to 10 years of experience into litigation.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.