HR Manager at ANS - Placements
Views:2234 Applications:51 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:30
Manager - Legal - Insurance/Banking Domain - LLB/LLM (8-12 yrs)
- Identify areas of risk in relation to the Organization's operations and provide solutions to manage the risks.
- Review, draft and negotiate agreements, documents and manage the contractual risks.
- Assist in the development of best practices within the Organization regarding the legal aspects and risks involved in various commercial and distribution contracts.
- To provide strategic legal advice in terms of new and proposed legislation and their impact on the contract portfolio.
- Leads discussions with internal and external stakeholders to ensure deriving efficient and effective solutions to meet commercial objectives.
- Ensure timely dissemination of statutory, regulatory reports.
- Provide regular reports and updates to Head Contracts, Head Legal and to internal functions, as appropriate
Measures of Performance:
- Timely closure of Agreements
- Minimize unforeseen legal exposure for the Company while entering into commercial relationships
- Timely legal support in terms of legal interpretation required for the business projects and products
- Quality of legal advice/ opinion
- Compliance with the provisions of Insurance Act and other regulatory provisions
- Provide in - house legal support required by stakeholders in internal as well as external dealings
- Establishes effective relationships with customers and staff, networks effectively within the organization.
- At all levels, follows the defined processes and procedures of the organization and ensure closure of assignments without diluting the core values.
- Bachelor in Law/Masters in Law from a recognized university. He/ She should have never been debarred/ disqualified by the Bar Council of India.
- Sound academic record
- Good exposure and expertise over Corporate, Commercial and Civil Laws
- Should have a fair understanding on Contract Labour (Regulation & Abolition) Act and allied regulations.
- Exposure to insurance regulations (preferred)
- Excellent drafting and oratory skills
- Excellent experience and exposure in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
- Should be a self-starter who is able to work effectively under stretched deadlines
- Strong networking and influencing skills
- At least eight years of legal experience ideally in a leading organization who is into the Insurance/Banking domain.
- Proven track record in providing accurate and effective legal counsel;
- Proven track record in adding value to an organization through the development of comprehensive contract documents that mitigate risk and penalties.
- Contract negotiation and drafting;
- Experience of handling advisory work at a local level
- Should be able to effectively participate in new business process rollouts and should identify, rationalize and mitigate the legal & contractual risks involved.
Should have worked independently on cross-function projects in a multinational environment