Senior Recruiter at Ara Resources
Views:1274 Applications:79 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:75
Manager - Legal - CS (5-15 yrs)
Principal Accountabilities (Key Result Areas)
Reviewing and negotiating -
- customer contracts to ensure compliance with the global standard requirement;
- general supplier/service provider terms and conditions for business areas such as procurement and IT;
- real estate contracts;
- confidentiality agreements.
- Dispute resolution: advising and taking responsibility for the conduct of contractual or employment disputes.
Answering legal queries in a broad range of legal areas (including employment law, data protection, intellectual property rights, regulatory compliance, investigations and competition law).
- Providing support for compliance initiatives and training.
- Coordinating efforts for trademark registration; maintaining a tracker for the same
- Managing statutory compliance, ensuring all filings are done on time, keeping the tracker updated for the same; preparing a compliance report for the Board.
- Maintain statutory books, including registers of members, directors and secretaries
- Deal with correspondence, collate information and write reports, ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant company stakeholders
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and take appropriate action
- Liaise with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors
- Develop and oversee the systems that ensure the company complies with all applicable codes, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements
- Pay dividends and manage share option schemes; take a role in share issues, mergers and takeovers; maintain the register of shareholders and monitor changes in share ownership of the company
Technical/Professional Skills & Competencies -
- Legal expertise: analytical skills, dealing with complex legal issues, delivery of straightforward, pragmatic, action-oriented advice.
- Adept at corporate secretarial matters.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels and disciplines.
- Drafting and negotiating a wide range of contracts.
- Exposure to working on global legal matters
- Knowledge of preparing and maintaining legal and compliance trackers
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, to identify and resolve legal issues.
- Interest in understanding the business in depth, and operating within a dynamic, international context.
- Able to work well as a team member and build rapport and trust with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Must possess a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Must be comfortable working independently.
- Trained at a law firm or company corporate legal department.
- Experience of reviewing, revising, drafting and negotiating general commercial contracts required.
- Experience of other legal areas (e.g. RBI, FEMA, employment law, trademark registration and real estate matters) would be advantageous.
- Candidate must be fluent in English. Experience of working in a multi-national company is preferred.