Consultant at Iconic Resource
Views:325 Applications:86 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Manager - Legal Compliance - Pharma/Retail (8-12 yrs)
Legal Compliance Manager
We are looking for an experienced Company Secretary who would be the manager's and company executive's right hand. As Company Secretary, you will be instrumental in helping the office run smoothly, provide support to managers, senior-level executives, and departments. You'll need to ensure that our company complies with financial and legal requirements, and maintain high standards of corporate governance. You also need to have a thorough understanding of the laws that affect your areas of work so that you are equipped to provide appropriate legal advice whenever needed.
Responsibilities of a Company Secretary:
A company secretary's core duties include optimizing workflow procedures in the office, assisting colleagues and executives in planning and distributing information, and being the point of reference for all queries, requests, or issues. Additionally, as a company secretary, you'll need to:
- Report to the Director and often liaise with board members.
- Prepare agendas and papers for board meetings, committees, and annual general meetings (AGMs) and follow up on action points.
- Convene and service AGMs, take minutes, draft resolutions, and lodge required forms and annual returns with appropriate departments.
- Provide legal, financial, and/or strategic advice during and outside of meetings.
- Ensure policies, regulatory, or statutory changes that might affect the organization are up to date and approved by the committee.
- Maintain statutory books, including registers of members, directors, and secretaries.
- Handle correspondence, collate information, write reports and communicate decisions to relevant company stakeholders.
- Liaise with external regulators and advisers such as lawyers and auditors.
- Implement processes or systems to ensure good management of the organization.
- Develop and oversee the systems that ensure the company complies with all applicable codes, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements.
- Pay dividends to shareholders and manage share option schemes opted by various shareholders.
- Take an active role and provide valuable input to the management decisions related to sharing issues, mergers, and takeovers.
- Monitor the administration of the company's pension scheme.
- Manage contractual agreements with suppliers and customers.
- Manage the office space and deal with personnel administration and company/staff insurance policies.
- Drive PR activities related to aspects of financial management.
- Although this area of work is open to all graduates, candidates with a Bachelor's degree in accountancy and finance, business and management, and the law would be preferred
- Strong administrative skills and an aptitude for using IT software.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Meticulous attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people at all levels.
- Influencing skills.
- Excellent organization and time management.
- An ability to take initiative.
- A flexible and practical approach to work.
- Discretion when handling confidential information
- Maintain a diplomatic approach towards issues.
- Confidence to provide support to high-profile company staff and board members.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.