Founder at Talentfair Consultancy Pvt. Ltd.
Views:2109 Applications:117 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Manager - Legal & Compliance - Investment Banking & Broking Firm (2-4 yrs)
Role Summary :
Reporting to : Head - Legal & Compliance
Primary Focus: Broking (retail/institutional); HENCE PREFER CANDIDATES FROM COMPANIES LIKE MOTILAL OSWAL, PRABHUDAS LILLADHER ETC.
Incremental: Compliance with other SEBI registrations
Location: BKC, Mumbai
Task apportionment : Compliance 60%, Legal 40%
Key Responsibilities -
- Partner with Business (principally the equities business i.e. Institutional Equities, Retail Equities, ECM and M&A), build and maintain strong connect with all stakeholders to deliver solutions that stand test of regulations (in India and outside of India) yet be business friendly
- Front ending with Regulators and maintaining excellent working relationships, handling regulatory enquiries with maturity and without/with limited supervision
- Team up with consultants and lawyers to maintain licenses, audits and set up processes that suit the law of the land.
- Handle all inspections conducted by Regulators, Exchanges & Depositories on annual basis
- Handle stock broking, Investment Banking, Research Analyst and other regulatory compliances including queries/inspections/audits/business queries
- Assist the Head of Compliance in policy making and providing training sessions to business
- Compliance testing of areas that pose high regulatory risks to, be it dealing room checks, Insider checks, etc.
- Drafting/vetting of various agreements, side letters, NDAs, engagement letters, agreements involved in Equity Capital Markets transaction
Ensuring compliance with following Licenses:-
- SEBI Broker Registration
- SEBI PMS Registration
- SEBI Research Analyst Registration
- SEBI Investment Advisor Registration
- SEBI Merchant Banking Registration
Ideal Candidate Profile -
1. LLB and Company Secretary with minimum 2 years of experience in stock broking
2. Good knowledge of applicable SEBI regulations and related compliances
3. Liaison with external agencies, viz., Stock Exchanges, Depositories, RBI, etc.
4. Should be able to articulate the queries well and provide satisfactory legal solutions to business
5. Good communication skills