Founder & Principal Associate at rFactor Consultants
Views:1862 Applications:21 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Manager - Investment - Insurance (5-7 yrs)
Job Purpose :
Handling General Ledger, Regulatory reporting and MIS
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities :
- Monitor Investment are within IRDA framework and within limits prescribed in the regulations
- Establish system controls to avoid active breaches and timely identification of passive breaches and escalation to CIO and CFO
- Review Investment Policy and bring out changes in line with change in investment regulations by IRDA
- Identify risks and identify control measures to address them in timely and compliant manner
- Maintain upto date and accurate fund accounting
- Coordinate with custodian to ensure all securities are maintained and corporate actions recognized as per IRDA regulations
- Ensuring investment front end, mid office and back office systems are well integrated with financial accounting system for timely and accurate accounting and reporting. Work closely with the financial accounting team to ensure internal and external reporting timelines are met.
- Ensure no surprises in concurrent, internal and statutory audits.
- Keep updated on changes in investment regulations and work very closely with the front office team and financial accounting team to ensure changes are implemented in timely manner
- Establish regularly review and amend standard operating procedures for running investment operations in a control and compliant manner.
Knowledge / Experience / Skills :
- 5 to 7 years of post-qualification experience at handling MIS, and finalization of accounts of the Company.
- An MBA or a Chartered Accountant
- Good working knowledge of ERP Accounting.
- Credence experience preferred
Behaviors / Competencies :
- Works cooperatively and productively with others; openly exchanging information and supporting colleagues from around the organisation to achieve business goals.
- Applies skill, effort and judgement to get the job done.
- Establishes priorities, tasks and work schedules in advance.
- Implements improvements to processes and procedures as required.
- Works within limits of authority, seeking guidance when unsure.
- Keeps up to date on current internal and external procedures and regulations.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.