HR Consultant at Avathara
Views:850 Applications:318 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:160
Manager - Human Resources - Audio Platform (3-6 yrs)
Manager - HR
Job Description :
- Khabri is India's fastest growing audio platform targeted at the next billion internet users. We help the user discover and listen to the best audio content in their local language. Anyone can create content on the platform. Simply put, we are building Youtube for Audio.
- Backed by Y Combinator and investors across the US, Japan, and India. We are changing the face of Audio in India, which till now has only been around Music.
- China has already seen Unicorns in audio space like Ximalaya FM who are engaging users up to 2hrs every day. Spotify has spent $404Mn to go beyond music. India is catching up fast with its young population hungry for content in the local language.
- TechCrunch featured Khabri as one of the 12 Favorite startups from Y Combinator Demo Day. Only Indian company to be part of the list.
Programs, Policies and Processes :
- Develop, administer and revise HR policies and programs based on a solid understanding of employment standards and laws.
- Set objectives for the HR & Operations and track progress
- Develop compensation and benefits plans
- Support and suggest improvements to the entire recruitment process
- Host in-house recruitment events
- Discuss employees career development paths with managers
- Monitor HR metrics (e.g. turnover rates and cost-per-hire)
- Review departmental budgets
- Organize learning and development programs
- Ensure HR staff addresses employees requests and grievances in a timely manner
Employee Engagement :
- Be creative to engage employees and make the workplace fun - using awards, perks, team building activities, team events, etc.
- Provide expertise in the following areas: career planning, performance management, coaching, data analysis, compensation and rewards, employee relations, learning and development, recognition programs, and strategic development.
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve team experience. Assess current programs and propose innovative ways to improve existing ones.
- Plan and organize the company's internal events and social calendar (off-sites, team building events, in-office events, Hackathons, lunch - n learns, sporting events, holiday party, etc.); manage and administer the company's culture/events budget.
Stakeholder Management :
- Be engaged with the Leadership team on a daily basis to ensure alignment.
- Ensure timely engagement with each employee as per their need
- Establish Culture & build a brand:
- Understand Khabris Core Values, refine them as per the direction of the company.
- Hiring & Retaining top talent aligned with company goals.
- Provide a consistent experience across all employee touchpoints - potential candidates to the new hire to alumni. i.e establishing a consistent brand experience.
HR Administration : Responsible for compensation management, vacation tracking, administration of benefits, record keeping, and maintenance of team member files and other related documents.
For this role, you must have :
- Degree with 5 years of HR business partner or generalist experience or MA/MS/MBA degree with 3+ yrs of relevant experience in the HR domain.
- A good listener who can empathize with the employee issues.
- Organized, Effective planner, and Multi-tasker.
- Skilled communicator with a strong ability to build relationships with senior leaders and a complex set of stakeholders to drive organizational change.
- Proven ability to work within constraints as well as challenge the status quo.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to analyze data, understand trends, and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and being a part of deeply complex strategy discussions.
- Someone who can be creative in solving various kinds of problems - Behavioral issues, Tools/Process issues, employee issues, etc.
- Experience in working with B2C Startup