Founder at Serving Skill
Views:223 Applications:51 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:14
Manager - Financial Risk - Life Insurance (4-7 yrs)
Financial Risk Manager - Life Insurance
- To work closely with CRO and Head - Financial Risk and provide risk inputs to enhance the quality of reporting and to facilitate risk-based decision-making in key committees such as Risk management/ALCO, and IC.
Key Responsibilities :
- To Pro-actively provide oversight of aggregated risk profile, monitor risk exposure against appetite, identify trends, material changes in risk profile and emerging risks.
- To perform financial risk reviews for Market Risk (Equity and Interest Rate), Liquidity risk, Credit risk etc.
- To control Investment Risks by monitoring the portfolio at regular intervals and quantify risks/potential impact on the firm.
- To design management dashboards on performance/risk parameters of investments and exposures/limits etc.
- To develop models used in the domain of ALM, market risk, credit risk, asset risk, and other risk domains
- To perform model validation and analytical processes such as ALM calculations, scenario analysis, stress testing etc. and report the performance of the models/findings to senior management
- Preparing presentation for ALM Committee and Risk Management Committee meetings etc.
Specific Authorities Financial & Non- Financial :
- Authorized to access investment/actuary/finance/corporate planning files and use data for risk monitoring, analysis and reporting.
- HR/ JD/ Ver1.0/1 st Feb 2020
Internal Financial :
Key Performance Indicators
- Pro-active identification of material changes/trends in risk profile.
- Flagging of evolving/emerging risks through periodic analysis and timely market updates.
- Sharpening focus on key risk areas through knowledge sharing and adoption of best practices.
- Ensuring 100% compliance with regulatory guidelines/limits.
- New initiatives & process improvements/model creation/upgradation.
Job Requirements :
- MBA, Degree in Engineering/Finance/Economics preferred
- CFA/FRM or other investment/risk certifications desired
- Experience 5-10 Years' experience in the life Insurance industry and/or investment/financial risk department preferred.
Functional Competencies :
- MIS and Analytics
- Business Knowledge: Understanding of financial markets and products
- Risk Knowledge: Understanding of financial risk measurement & management, and derivative instruments and their use for creation of hedging strategies.
- Basic Skills: Understanding of Life insurance systems, processes and products
Behavioral Competencies :
- Business Acumen
- Execution Excellence