Founder at Aarvi
Views:16129 Applications:388 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:329
Manager - Finance & Accounts - FMCG/Retail - CA (5-10 yrs)
Role : Manager - Finance - Sellers Accounting & Finance
LOOKING FOR CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT CANDIDATES PREFERABLY FROM E-Commerce / FMCG / Retail major.
Location : Bengaluru
About our client :
Our client is a top tier VC funded startup, building an online wholesale marketplace for food and grocery, targeted at wholesale buyers. Our vision is to organise the food and grocery ecosystem in India using technology, data science and design. OurClient offers a wide selection of products including staples, spices, dry fruits, packaged foods, and FMCG products. Sellers (traders, manufacturers, and brands) can list their food, grocery and FMCG products. The Marketplace is accessible to customers through a mobile app available in 4 languages - Kannada, Malayalam, Hindi and English. Our client provides full stack services including storefront delivery and payments collection for its sellers, as well as working capital credit from third party credit providers to its customers using rich transactional data and proprietary algorithms.
While our market potential is huge - in the order of hundreds of billions of dollars, the opportunity requires us to solve challenging problems that are so unique to India that copycat models will not work. We are putting our customers first and building technologies, products, platforms and service, and cutting-edge supply chains that will work for the next billion Indians who have fundamentally different needs - access, language, selection, supply chain, financial, cultural, operating in distributed, chaotic and unstructured environments.
We have a strong, passionate and hungry team who are motivated to solve real world problems and impact lives. Our team consists of alumni from Stanford, IITs, IIMs, CA, BITS, ISB and top NITs, having several years of industry experience in leading companies like Flipkart, Amazon, ebay, BCG, ITC, Housing and Grofers. We work across diverse functions spanning across technology, product, design, business/category teams, catalog, merchandising, decision sciences, supply chain, operations, finance, credit, customer experience, people experience. Together, we are reimagining and reengineering the food and grocery ecosystem in India through intelligent technology, innovative business models, and intuitive design. We are serving thousands of happy and satisfied customers who trust our client for their food and grocery needs every day.
Job Description :
As Finance Manager you will :
- Manage a team of accounts executives
- Handle Accounts receivable and Accounts payable activities
- Vendors & customer accounts reconciliations
- Prepare financial statements and handle audits
- Control over Inventory accounting and conduct periodic audits
- Fixed Assets accounting and controls
- Statutory compliances (Income Tax, GST, PF, ESI, Professional Tax, etc)
- Secretarial Compliances
- Identify areas of cost optimisation and implement the same
- Monitoring of margin structures
- Monitor the operating and financial performance of the business, track cash flow, and working capital on a periodic basis.
We are looking for leaders at all levels who have the hunger to work with some of the smartest people, who are driven by a sense of purpose, and who wish to leave a legacy in their respective domains and among their professional fraternity. We are not just building apps or tech platforms, but rather building distributed ecosystems connected through intelligent technology that can change the face of the food and grocery consumption pipelines in India, forever, for the better.
An ideal candidate for this role is someone who has :
- CA / CWA with 5 - 10 yrs of experience in Accounts and Finance preferably from E-Commerce / FMCG / Retail major.
- Preferably Articleship from top 10 audit firms in case of CA
- Experience of working in E commerce company will be added advantage.
- Ability to provide business inputs and domain knowledge for finance/accounting / Taxation to Business team and partner Functions.
- Excellent Reporting and Business Analytical Skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with limited resource and tight timelines
- Excellent communication and Stakeholder Management skills.
- Sharp business acumen coupled with strong functional & technical knowledge.
- Articulate and possesses excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- High level of personal and professional integrity, ethics and values.
- Energetic and motivated individual with sound ability to operate in a dynamic and complex business environment.
- Demonstrates confidence, maturity, professionalism and gravitas.
- Approachable, flexible and open to feedback. Willingness to learn and apply