Principal Consultant at Simply People
Views:295 Applications:52 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Manager - Engineering - EdTech/eCommerce (8-12 yrs)
Our client is India's largest and most impactful up-skilling & re-skilling platform for professionals & college students, with a global footprint in over 140 countries.
The Role :
- Techno-Managerial role with 50-60% hands-on contribution to development and product improvements & enhancements.
- 40-50% time spent on People management & mentoring, Process improvements, and Project management.
- Collaborate and work closely with cross-functional teams like PM, Operations, etc. and translate business requirements into engineering implementation plans.
- Break down projects into executable tasks, allocate and track progress using agile methodologies.
- Drive design discussions, technology choices, and participate in design & code reviews.
- Keep abreast with the latest technological developments and drive the adoption of such technologies as appropriate to improve product features/performance/scalability/security.
- Work closely with the HR team, and play an active role in hiring top-notch talent.
- Conduct regular 1:1s with all team members, mentor, and set them up for success.
- 8-12 years of industry experience, with 1-2 years in a managerial role managing a team of at least 5 engineers.
- Must have hired and mentored team members to be successful in both technical and soft-skills areas.
- Thorough clarity and understanding on the choice of a Management career track.
- Hands-on development experience in any web development framework like Ruby on Rails, NodeJS, Django, Spring.
- Hands-on experience in front-end frameworks like ReactJS, AngularJS, JQuery etc.
- Hands-on experience in data modeling and query optimization in relational databases like PostgreSQL, MySQL etc.
- Must have designed, developed, deployed, and maintained large scale web applications on the cloud.
- Proven demonstration of learning new programming languages, frameworks, and technologies towards new product development.