Founder at Serving Skill
Views:1076 Applications:81 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:26
Manager - Demand Planning - FMCG - IIM/SPJIMR/NITIE/XLRI/IIIM/IIT (7-10 yrs)
Manager Demand Planning - Kolkata
Job Title : Manager - Demand Planning
Reporting Manager : Divisional Manager - Process Excellence
Function : Supply Chain and Logistics
Location : TM&D HQ, Kolkata
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB :
- Primarily responsible for Improving Forecast accuracy, reducing lost sales and minimize the D&D costs.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES :
Demand Planning (S&OP) process :
- Lead the monthly Demand planning process & Pre Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) meetings:
- Generate regional & category forecast by monthly consensus forecasting process based on input from divisional stakeholders (Category and TM&D team).
- Revise forecasts and recommend changes on a monthly basis based on actual usage, trends, new product introductions, and revised sales plans.
- Selection of Right Forecast models to deliver superior service levels and optimum system inventory
- Advise TM&D and Category teams of problems and significant variances between existing forecasts and actual usage.
- Freeze one consensus forecast number across TM&D and Category teams for next quarter.
- Review KPIs for last month (Forecast Accuracy / Bias and analytics/D&D and overstocking) by incorporating Value chain and Category team inputs.
- Highlight the potential avenues and facilitate discussion in case of possible D&D cases
- Ensure the estimates are captured the system accurately and the system is functioning perfectly. Highlight any corrections and formulate a CAPA plan.
- Manage allocations in case of supply constraint scenario.
- Maintain proactive communication with Value Chain team & Category teams including providing final monthly forecast, and alerts of material forecast changes in the month in a timely manner.
- Manage new product rollout through forecasting and interfacing with category and TM&D teams.
- Ensure inventory targets are met and trigger actions plans by periodically analyzing and identifying slow & obsolete inventory in the system.
- Re-run inventory model if need be, to assess new norms with significant network changes
Systems & Processes :
- Ensure that the agreed network/lanes are configured in SAP.
- Coordinate with the production team for the production changeover, maintaining PI and ensure demand realignment through the demand planner whenever required
- Liaise with SAP team for the regular SNP runs to ensure correct demand propagation on to the source
- Coordinate with SAP team to ensure execution of all system related jobs to deliver the desired output.
- Roll out new Technology solutions post completion of Pilots with SAP &JDA.
- Drive the new projects in the demand planning area i.e. probabilistic forecasting, Artificial Intelligence/Machine learning driven solutions and recommend the suitable solutions.
KEY INTERFACES :
- Category development team, SBU team, Supply Planning Team.
- Functional teams including Finance and HR
- Service Providers including Transporters, Warehouses
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE :
- Post Graduate with specialism in Industrial Engineering/Industrial Management/Manufacturing Management/Operations Management/Supply Chain from NITIE, IIM A, B, L, K, SPJIMR, XLRI, IITK - VGSOM, IITB SJMSOM
- 7 - 9 years of experience in demand planning and logistics in FMCG.
Must Have :
- Thorough understanding of the Demand Planning/Supply planning process. Must have worked in demand planning role for at least 2-3 years in an FMCG environment.
- Understanding of statistical models of forecasting and Hypothesis testing and modelling and analytics.
- Definitely should have worked on IBP/JDA demand planning /APO/Tools group
- Should have lead a team of demand planners and understanding of the complexities of the role and handled real life scenarios.
Location : Kolkata
Salary : 40 to 45 LPA