Recruitment Specialist at Aarch Solution
Views:2657 Applications:96 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:15
Manager - Credit Analysis Unit - SME/Large Corproates (6-15 yrs)
SME, Large corp - Credit Analysis Unit-HSBC Technology and Services
Some careers grow faster than others
If you- re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfilling your potential right here at HSBC.
HSBC Technology and Services
HSBC Technology and Services is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. HTS combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
Global Service Delivery
Global Service Delivery is a business-aligned, customer-servicing organization with the primary objective of driving operational excellence across our businesses worldwide. Achieving this through the consolidation, simplification and continuous improvement of processes across the full range of HSBC operations, the division simultaneously takes responsibility for managing operational, location and processing risk and ensuring that services provided are at a best-in-class price point for the required quality level.
Purpose of Department
The Credit Analysis Unit (CAU) is a global function which works closely with Relationship Managers (RMs) to help them prepare Credit Proposals for their GB&M borrowing names across the FIG, Corporate and FIG Funds sectors. By closely managing the annual review work load and encouraging deep collaboration between CAU, RMs, Credit Risk, and Client Management, the Credit Analysis Unit maintains a flexible operating model ensuring new business transactions are consistently prioritized effectively to exploit revenue generation. CAU's vision is to consistently deliver superior quality of credit risk analysis and to be the best place of work fostering a team of highly engaged members who are committed to HSBC Values and Global Standards.
The role requires the Subject Matter Expert (SME) within the Centre of Excellence (COE) team to play a pivotal role in providing high quality domain and credit policy related support to the analytical teams in the Corporate and FIG sectors. The COE-SMEs will drive and instil best practices with regards to credit analysis produced by Offshore CAU and to play a pivotal role in leading some of the key transformation initiatives including Credit Streamlining and the RWA Accuracy Program. Over time, the SMEs will be expanding their domain to cover both the sectors - Corporate and FIG.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join the COE team in the role SME, Credit Analysis Unit.
The broad responsibilities include:
- Ensure the credit submissions are consistent with the approved guidelines as stipulated in the corresponding FIM/DIMs and approved templates
- Provide both quantitative and qualitative feedback via a scorecard to each analyst submission that will become part of their performance scoring assessment, as well as direct 1:1 feedback as required
- Be closely integrated with the sector coverage teams to ensure CAU deliverables and timelines with regards to T-45 submission timelines and target KPIs are met, as well as support for new business opportunities
- Play a pivotal role in the on-going Credit Streamlining roll-out by ensuring that the approved templates are adhered to and that the write-ups succinctly capture the key risks, mitigants and supporting analysis from a risk perspective (- writing for risk- )
- Play the role of a SME with the aim of providing and nurturing technical and subject expertise covering sector, policy and country-specific credit policies and procedures
- Demonstrate sectoral and sub-sectoral expertise, track sectoral developments, identify themes for analysis and coordinate with Team Leads and Team Members to produce analytical reports
- Staying abreast of guidelines and procedures, FIM and other policy guidelines, create a repository of the guidelines, ensure dissemination and provide necessary guidance to the team
- The COE SMEs should groom analysts and provide value-added feedback to enable them to reach their full potential and maximize the quality of output
- Coordinate and play an active role in supplementing any sector specific training or credit analysis tools to the sector analysts in order to maintain a high quality of skill sets.
- Take ownership and collaborate with team members in publishing key industry and thematic reports
- Demonstrate strong orientation towards risk and controls; play a key role in implementation/smooth bedding down of initiatives
- Manage a portfolio of counterparties and carry out credit assessment of such counterparties; ensuring that the reports are delivered within agreed timeframes
- To ensure that the PLAs with the stakeholders regarding productivity, quality and turnaround time are met or exceeded.
- Build and maintain rapport with onshore teams including Credit Risk, Business and Onshore teams
- Suggest and design improvements to process workflow, where feasible
- Maintain high standards of professional conduct and be a role model for the team
- Maintaining HSBC internal control standards and implementing the Group Compliance Policy, wherever applicable
- Need to be aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with their role, and to ensure that all actions during their employment with HSBC take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring
- Adhering strictly to compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC and regulatory standards, policies and practices
- Given that this is a SME role, it is desirable that prospective candidates are highly self-driven with good sector knowledge and with a long-term aim of becoming sector specialists
- Strong knowledge of sub-segments within the FIG sector
- Demonstrated ability to weave sectoral knowledge, credit policies and ongoing external events backed by top quality servicing skills
- Excellent written and presentation skills; strong ability to portray a macro view and also an eye for detail
- Post Graduate in Management, Finance, Economics or equivalent such as a Chartered Accountant would be preferred. Candidates with CFA, USA and other risk management qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Candidate's current/past profiles should have involved extensive interactions with diverse teams and stakeholders
- Five years of work experience of which at least four years of relevant work experience in Credit Analysis, Research, Corporate or Institutional Banking backed by demonstrated analytical expertise
Number of opening: 1
- All applicants must have successfully completed their probation period.
- Employees must meet performance and behavioral standards as defined in the policy
- All L7 and L6 applicants should have served at least 12 months and should have successfully completed respective learning curve tenure, in their current role as on closing date.
- Applicants should not be on a corrective action plan/ disciplinary action in the last 6 months or any other performance action as on the date of application.
- Application form should be submitted along with the current CV.
- All applicants should inform their respective Line Managers of their application.
- All the completed applications should be submitted on or before the closing date.
- The Company reserves the right to change any terms and conditions related to employment, mentioned in the Offer Letter and the Rules and Regulations governing the conduct of the employee in the Company. Such change would be intimated by the Company through an internal communication to the employees at large.
- Right to work is required. Local employment rulings and restrictions will apply
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.