Talent Acquisition Manager at Xperthunt
Views:149 Applications:34 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:20
Manager - Controllership - US Financial Reporting & Controls - CA (7-9 yrs)
Manager - Controllership
Role profile :
Job title : US Financial Reporting & Controls - Manager Role family: Finance
Role discipline : Finance Services
Department : Controllership Centre of Excellence (CCoE) Location: Bangalore
Role Context :
- Our Company is undergoing a significant business change in line with its growth ambition, aligning our operations across different service lines to better serve our clients and optimizing the efficiency and effectiveness of our business functions within finance.
- This includes the implementation of a Controllership Centre of Excellence (CCoE) in Bangalore, India, moving a considerable proportion of Controllership activity out of markets and into the CCoE, causing significant changes to the way financial control operates.
Role purpose :
- Our Company is committed to driving a robust and consistent control environment and this role plays an integral part in it.
- The Americas Controls & Compliance Manager will be based out of Bangalore and will support the Regional Financial Controller in implementing the Financial Control & Compliance strategy and driving an appropriate control and compliance environment.
Main Responsibilities :
- Led the transitional activities for the US market in collaboration with CCoE Lead & Regional Finance Services team.
- Led the US Financial Reporting & Controls CoE team to ensure they achieve their objectives and meet TAT, SLAs & KPIs.
- Ensure timely closing of local accounting books & BPC group submission adhering to group requirements and timelines
- Managing monthly/Quarterly financial reporting and control activities by partnering with & supporting the Regional Financial Controller.
- Review Balance Sheet reconciliations, and risk analysis and work with local markets to develop & implement appropriate controls.
- Management of specialist finance activities including taxation, VAT, treasury, Insurance and risk management (including Hedging FX exposure)
- Working with the Operational Finance and Commercial Finance teams to continuously improve financial processes and controls to comply with group policy and reporting requirements from time to time.
- Establishing mechanisms to assess the ongoing effectiveness of the internal control environment.
- Build capabilities, tools and skills within Financial Control to increase efficiency and the value-add of the Financial Control team within the Region.
- Overall accountability for Financial Reporting & Controls resources, performance management, training & continuous development.
- Building and maintaining relationships with markets and the corporate centre, collaborating with and providing decision support to leaders within the wider controllership team as required.
- Assessment of internal control environment with reference to Group's Internal Control Framework
- Reporting on internal controls using a combination of data analytics and KPIs.
- Perform transactional testing to agreed scopes.
- Identify opportunities to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls
- Contribute to the remediation of gaps in our financial reporting process, supporting the relevant stakeholders by suggesting practical solutions and assist putting the remediation plan in place for control weaknesses identified internally or externally.
- Testing performed to support the annual J-SOX controls effectiveness attestation.
- Design and execute required controls testing.
- Communicate results to internal stakeholders and external auditors.
- Perform required remediation testing.
- Management of the annual controls self-certification process.
- Maintenance and roll-out of control self-certification questionnaires
- Review of questionnaires and feedback on the control compliance at a local, regional and global level.
- Contribute to maintaining and updating finance policies, by supporting Corporate Centre in defining the scope for updates, designing workshops, reviewing and proposing pragmatic solutions to disagreements and refreshing policies as required.
- Supporting the external audit process e.g. gathering documentation for the organization's procedures /other audit supporting materials.
- Manage ad hoc requirements and projects on financial control & compliance areas
Professional Skills :
- Qualified Chartered Accountant with 7+ years of post-qualification experience in Accounting, Consolidation, and Financial reporting.
- Proficient in technical accounting and IFRS. Knowledge of US GAAP would be preferable
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of SAP BPC (Business Planning & Consolidation) and Blackline tools will be an added advantage.
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written).
- Able to communicate effectively with various stakeholders, across different regions and levels.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrate a high level of responsibility and commitment to the assigned activities.
- Agile and flexible to changing needs and ad-hoc requirements.