Associate Consultant at Huquo
Views:18673 Applications:651 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:55
Manager - Collection Analytics - Banking Sector - Consulting Firm (2-8 yrs)
Team focus :
The team focuses on developing data driven collection analytics strategies for a global banking client. Work calls for developing statistical models for credit risk and collections team with stress on not just model development but also deliver end to end solutioning to client problems and understanding appropriateness of actions from banks perspective.
Role Focus :
- Identify potential problems, build the hypothesis, identify research data attributes and determine approach to solve analytical problems specifically in the area of collections and recoveries
- Understand, extract, clean and prepare the data for analysis
- Build complex programs for running statistical tests on data and for understanding correlation of various attributes. Perform detail exploratory data analysis on the data and report findings
- Compare and weigh numerical model outputs (preferably from SAS or R) and identify best choice models
- Run tests and controls to understand validation of the predictive power of the models built and implementation transition to operations and IT
- Make recommendations for procedural improvements supported by analytical findings
- Build presentations for targeted audiences
- Pragmatic approach to deliver fit to purpose strategies for bank under clear timelines.
Skill Requirement :
- Experience in Statistical Modeling with techniques like Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, Decision Trees or K - means etc..
- Understanding of collections and recoveries business - aspects such as call center functioning for collections, A/B testing.
- Understanding of concepts like LGD, impairment calculations will be given higher preference.
- Understanding of collections and recoveries tools such as Debt-manager etc. will be an advantage.
- Mandatory experience in SAS or R
- Strong communication skills
Candidate profile :
- Master's in Business Administration or Masters in Statistics or Economics or Operational Research or Masters/Bachelors in Engineering
- Prior experience working with a bank or a banking analytics team under a 3rd part consultancy.