Deputy Manager at SkillVentory - A Leading Talent Research Firm
Views:62 Applications:10 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Manager - Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery (5-12 yrs)
MANAGER BUSINESS CONTINUITY & DISASTER RECOVERY
Our one of the largest conglomerate group is looking for an experienced and self-motivated Manager with experience in Business Continuity Management (BCM) & Disaster Recovery (DR). The Manager BCM & DR will report into the Deputy General Manager / Associate Director Business Continuity Manager (DGM / AD BCM & DR). The Manager BCM & DR is responsible for active support to the DGM / AD BCM & DR for successful execution of an integrated, highly resilient, and comprehensive business continuity and disaster recovery plan.
- Provide support to achieve organization wide ISO22301 BCMS implementation and certification
- Manage the implementation and day-to-day functions related to creating Business Continuity Plans and Procedures, while managing Disaster Recovery operations.
- Responsible for the interfacing with BCM Champions / BU SPOCs to implement and support Business continuity plans for Operations.
- This role will be responsible for actively planning, documenting, implementation and testing of the Business Unit BCP & DR and contingency plans for providing manual / off-line procedures development to mitigate any risk associated with complete or partial failure of facilities, technology systems, or applications related to an unforeseen disruption.
- Conduct Business Impact Analysis and Risk Assessments for Business and Enterprise Functions and maintain them on yearly basis
- Conduct regular appropriate business continuity trainings and awareness activities across the organization
- Conduct and manage test /simulations of BCP/DRP Plan. Share BCP/DR exercise results with all stakeholders and implement all the identified gaps and lesson learned for the continuous improvement
- Organize periodic governance reviews with key stakeholders
- Ensure all business continuity documentation is reviewed, maintained, updated and tested/exercised on a regular basis
- Long term Disaster Recovery planning to provide the highest level of protection possible for the enterprise.
- Assume responsibility for Business continuity planning efforts with a major focus on critical business areas, functions and applications. To maintain continued operations and loss mitigation in the event of a disruption, coordinating activities of technology resources with the company's business units as required.
- Work with business unit teams to enhance BC plans, mitigating the effect of a technology system or application failure or problem. Key objectives are that business units can continue to manage their operations, satisfy our regulatory obligations, support SLA with customers and maintain our presence in the marketplace.
- Provide direct communications and coordination between various dependent BU functions across all locations.
- Participate in appropriate business unit and development planning meetings and activities. Facilitate timely identification, escalation, resolution, and follow-up for all outstanding issues.
- Assist Head of BCM in enhancing, formalizing, and standardizing the business recovery planning process, including forecasting and tracking mechanisms, across all business units, to facilitate timely accommodation of future company recovery requirements and opportunities.
- Assume direct support to the Head of BCM & leadership in developing, coordinating, and maintaining comprehensive BC plans and validation methodology to ensure the company's ability to recovery in the event of an unforeseen disruption to facilities, technology systems, or applications.
- Comply with all regulatory, customer commitments & SLA terms and Tata Comm corporate policies and procedures, including HR policies and procedures, applicable in India and International locations.
- During crisis events, assist Emergency Response Team in creating a fast, flat, and accurate flow of information from site level to executive team. Ensure engagement and interaction from task owners and drive response, recovery, and restoration timelines across organization
- Alert the Head of BCM immediately of any significant changes to business risks and internal control effectiveness.
- Notify Head of BCM immediately on discovery of any regulatory breach.
- Comply with all Security and Health & Safety policies and procedures operating within the business
- Graduate /postgraduate in Business Continuity or any other equivalent stream. Additional certification such as ISO 22301 lead implementer, CBCP, MBCP, CBCI etc., will be preferred.
- 5-7+ years relevant experience in managing Business continuity & disaster recovery (Telecom sector experience will be preferred)
- Excellent project management skills, MS Project skills, Analytical skills, Excellent documentation skills.
- Good stakeholder management and communication skills
- Prior experience in managing Business recovery in a larger organizational set-up with experience in Telecom industry preferably having multi-national businesses.
- Experience with emergency notification messaging tools a plus (desirable)
- Experience on SharePoint dashboard creation and reporting
- Experience on any business continuity software/tool will be an added advantage