Senior Talent Search Executive at Golden Hues Consultants
Views:1905 Applications:175 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:17
Manager/Assistant Vice President - Learning & Development - Investment Bank (7-15 yrs)
Position : AVP - Learning & Development
Purpose of Position :
Supporting the VP - L&D, this role will be responsible for the development and coordination of the organization's Learning and Development (L&D) strategy. The key duties will include the source and design of appropriate training and development initiatives necessary to meet current and future business objectives for the Business Plan. The candidate will embed a learning and development approach to support the evolution of the business-lines through an efficient and effective service. This approach will adopt best practices and utilize internal and external networks.
The key dimensions of this role include :
1. Responding to the constant demand for learning input to the business-lines in the areas of managing performance and developing individual careers :
- Build a strong relationship with Managers at all levels to facilitate the Learning and Development agenda for the business.
- Liaise with external training providers building positive working relationships at all levels.
- Manage, formulate and develop the delivery of a comprehensive training program for all staff.
- Ensure the maximization of training budgets.
2. Evaluation of L&D solutions (including external benchmarking) :
- Formulate training evaluation methodologies post training interventions.
- Aid and motivate business-lines to evaluate Return on Investment in terms of productivity and quality gain.
- Facilitate change and transformation of behavior in individual employees; post a behavioral training intervention.
3. Develop own knowledge and competence :
- Stay current on L&D initiatives.
- Maintain competence in using in-house systems.
4. Facilitation skills :
- Inclination and ability to stand-up and deliver/facilitate a training program
As the role develops, other duties may be included from time to time; the management of the organization will determine these duties.
Position Responsibilities :
The candidate will be responsible for the following outcomes (including but not limited to) :
1. Working with business leaders and managers to identify training needs
2. Assess current learning and development arrangements and influence development activities within the business-lines to compliment the learning and development strategy of the organization.
3. Support the learning and development vision ensuring alignment.
4. Support the leadership development, and change management agenda of the organization, specifically promoting new ways.
5. Design and deliver development interventions as appropriate.
6. Management of the training budget
7. Provide regular management information regarding learning and development that fully informs the activities carried out within the business lines.
8. Work in partnership with the L&D Team to effectively deliver, cost-efficient training and learning initiatives to maximize employee potential.
The candidate's performance will be measured against the principal accountabilities indicated in this section. The list above is not exhaustive, and additional measures may be included as appropriate.
1. Planning & Organizing:
- Planning own activities, on a daily, weekly monthly and annual basis.
- Meet the L&D Team and organization's deadlines on various activities.
- Plan and agree with timeframes for completion of tasks with other team members.
2. Decision-Making :
- Makes decisions in relation to their own particular field of activity. Consults where appropriate in the case of overlapping responsibilities. Uses sound professional judgment when making decisions.
- Makes decisions independently and the VP - L&D may review work for accuracy and adequacy of professional judgment as necessary.
3. Relationship Building :
- Partner with internal clients to proactively identify, develop and implement learning solutions that support business growth and strategy.
- Build relationships across all levels within the business-line to facilitate learning and evaluation of training.
- Build and manage relationships with external training providers and identify alternate methods of training methodology.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience :
Presence, commitment, and a passion for people and their development are critical to the success of this role. The candidate must have a strong sense of professionalism and the ability to work with a wide range of people.
In order to achieve the above, the successful candidate must have a combination of the following skills and experience:
1. At least 7-10 years of experience in the field of L&D holding various positions within the function.
2. Demonstrable experience contributing to a learning and development vision and strategy.
3. A pragmatic and change management mindset which focuses on delivery and produces tangible/intangible results, along with developing leadership competencies are desirable.
4. Strong presentation, facilitation, and communication skills.
5. Credibility, flexibility, adaptability, and proactivity are essential.
6. Ability to produce Management Reports documenting performance and financial information.