Manager - Analytics - BFSI (8-14 yrs)
About The Role :
Analytics Manager is a people manager role where you will be managing a team of business/data analysts responsible for driving data backed business decisions through deep analysis and insights/model generation. You will be closely working with leaders across Product, Business,
Growth etc. to implement impactful data-driven decisions. As a people manager, you will act as a role model, setting high standards of work ethics and values, and build strong analytical teams.
What You'll Do
- Lead impactful projects using advanced analytical and modelling techniques that will drive business decisions
- Work closely with Business leaders, Product managers, SMEs to define and design right performance metrics for Business and co-owning them
- Manage data sources and warehouses across the company in order to maintain and develop a part of the ETL layer of the organization's data.
- Evolving and tweaking existing visualization tools and/or adopt new visualization tools to look at data in various creative ways and understand how to use a limited number of views to give a good aggregate summary of a function or process
- Enable senior leadership decision making by streamlining the measurement of KPIs and identify the key drivers of these KPIs by building causal models
- Building analytical solutions around complex and open-ended problems. Moving beyond monitoring and going through the data to spot deeper correlations and trends.
- As different sections of the business look to identify their future direction or want to gauge the impact of various experiments
- Drive a culture of deep data-driven problem identification and solving in the team
- Influence investment opportunities for business based on internal/ external data
What You'll Need
- Educational/ Work ex:
- Bachelors in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or related discipline from a reputed institute or an MBA from a reputed institute
- 7+ Years of experience in a relevant role and 2 years or more in a Managerial role
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to think on scale and apply the right analytical/ statistical solve
- Excellent working knowledge and understanding of all key aspects of a typical business - product, marketing, operations and finance
- Excellent working knowledge of analytical techniques, and experience in deploying broad and complex analytical solutions
- Ability to coordinate with multiple business stakeholders identifying new opportunities for business based on internal/ external data as well as enable adoption of solution across functions
- Ability to identify and innovatively solves business problems
- Ability to build, lead and mentor strong analytical teams
- Strong organizational, communication, presentation, and project management skills
- Ability to course correct and deliver in a changing business environment
- Ability to perform gracefully in a multitasking project environment with attention to detail
- Strong background in statistical modelling and experience with R, Python, SQL, Spark, SAS, Excel.
- Must have working experience with BI tools like Superset, Mixpanel
- Experience with product analytics (Mixpanel, Apsalar, clevertap etc.) and experimental tools.