Executive Search Consultant at Thrivibe - The Human Capital Co.
Views:565 Applications:154 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Manager - Accounting & Finance - CA (7-15 yrs)
Accounting & Finance Manager - Chartered Accountant
- Thrivibe has been tasked with conducting an executive search for one of the leading oilfield equipment companies in Oman. The company is looking to hire a Head of Accounting and Finance to be based in its corporate headquarters in Muscat, Oman.
- An ideal candidate should have 5 to 8 years of experience in an audit company developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure timely and accurate financial statements. As part of this role, you will also be responsible for a variety of accounting activities, such as preparing general ledger statements, and financial reports, and preparing budgets and forecasts for the year.
- We would appreciate it if you could DM us or write to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in exploring this leadership opportunity. You are welcome to circle back and connect with us if you have any references or recommendations.
Duties and responsibilities :
- Establishes financial status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting financial information; managing staff.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting and analysis to the business.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information within the prescribed due date.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation and filing of all required tax returns, including corporate tax, VAT, and other relevant taxes.
- Collaborate with external tax advisors and authorities to address inquiries and ensure compliance with tax regulations.
- Maintain daily cash flow and report on a timely basis.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepares budget and forecasting activities.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Handle external auditors and ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advice on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Work on special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Preparation of documents for bank credit facilities and monitor of the same.
- Personal A/Cs of General Manager/Directors/Owners of the company.
- Following up with receivables.
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting
- Graduate with CA/CWA/CPA/ACCA
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 7 years post qualification experience in the A/Cs, finance, taxation, MIS, budgeting.
- 4-5 Years in an audit firm.
- Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Access and Word.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job related duties required by the manager.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.