Talent Acquisition Team at MakeMyTrip
Views:2690 Applications:927 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:132
MakeMyTrip - Business Analyst - Analytics (2-5 yrs)
MakeMyTrip - Business Analyst
Role Description : Business Analyst
Location : Gurgaon
Role Overview :
The incumbent will be be responsible for daily reporting, automating reports and processes, provide data driven insights & analysis and drive strategic projects
- Be on top of and publish critical business and product metrics on daily basis and help optimise conversions and drive efficiencies
- Take complete ownership of reporting areas and work on simplifying, optimising, automating and evolving those areas
- Proactively analyse data to answer key questions from stakeholders or out of self-initiated curiosity with an eye for what drives business performance, investigating and communicating areas for improvement in efficiency and productivity
- Create and maintain rich interactive visualizations through data interpretation and analysis integrating various reporting components from multiple data sources
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses
- Work with cross functional stakeholders to prioritize business and information needs
- Drive strategic projects, as and when required
- Support Online Product, Revenue and Category teams on day to day basis
Competencies Required :
- Advanced Excel knowledge, shortcuts, lookups, pivot table, macros, etc
- Knowledge of SQL queries is desired
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, R, Python, etc) is a plus
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Familiarity with BI technologies
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Bonus points for past experience with any analytics product (Google Analytics / Omniture / Redash etc.)
- Attention to detail and ability to find needle in the haystack.
- Strong bias for action. Execution oriented.
- Proven track record of taking ownership of things and delivering results.
About us :
- Nurtured from the seed of a single great idea - to empower the traveler - MakeMyTrip went on to pioneer India's online travel industry. Founded in the year 2000 by Deep Kalra, MakeMyTrip has since transformed how India travels. One of our most memorable moments has been to ring the bell at NASDAQ in 2010.
- Post-merger with the Ibibo group in 2017, we created a stronger identity and traction for our portfolio of brands, increasing the pace of product and technology innovations. Ranked amongst the Linkedin Top 25 companies 2018, the company is built on the values of Customer Focus, Commitment to Results and Continuous Improvement.
- Intrinsically, we encourage our employees to be Curious, Creative & Caring as they deliver impactful solutions for our customers. Today as clear market leaders in India's online travel space for air ticketing, hotel reservations and bus bookings, we foster innovation to accelerate growth in these travel segments.
Our Core Values :
- At Go-MMT, our vision is to make travel simple and fun for all, and our core values guide us in making this possible. These core values can be seen in the projects that we undertake, and the way in which we solve problems for our customers. They are a representation of OUR BEING & OUR DOING.
- At Go-MMT we believe that success lies in living our values of Being Caring, Curious and Creative which enables us to deliver Customer Focus, Continuous Improvement and Commitment to Results.
- We encourage you to know more about our organization by visiting our company website - www.makemytrip.com and www.goibibo.com
- Our focus has always been on delivering value to our customers and employees alike and we truly believe that Happy Employees Make Happy Customers. If fast pace work environment and learning opportunities excite you, then come and join us.