Consultant at Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd
Views:1779 Applications:411 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:257
Mahindra & Mahindra - Head - Accounts (15-22 yrs)
Head of Accounts
Purpose of the Role:
- Ensure Financial Reporting of the highest order for the Company and the Group which is in compliance with the applicable laws (Companies Act, SEBI LODR, Accounting Standards, Internal controls) and establish benchmarks and best practices in the industry / region.
- Provide management information for the Company / Group with valuable insights / qualitative inputs that is useful for right decision making which enables maximising of value creation / enhancement for the Group.
- Be a Centre of Excellence for Accounts function.
- Establishing and laying down of uniform code to be adopted by all group companies by laying down accounting policies and practices that must be followed by the the entire group.
Responsibilities & Key Deliverables:
- Ensure Quality financial results of M&M Standalone and Mahindra Group in compliance with relevant accounting standards and other applicable laws are delivered.
- Handling auditors and ensuring audit of accounts are completed for standalone and consolidated and ensuring no concerns are raised to Audit committee.
- Compilation of Budgets and estimates at standalone and group level for measuring performance against benchmarks.
- Ensuring Related Party requirements of SEBI LODR, Companies Act and IndAS including identification of related parties, approval and reporting.
- Pro-active identification, dissemination and implementation of accounting developments applicable to the Company and the Group.
- Evaluating various accounting options available and selecting the best option in the overall interest of the Group.
- Centre of Excellence activities for Accounts including providing accounting guidance to the group companies, guidance on implementation of new accounting standards and various accounting developments. Provide advisory on the changes in applicable laws / standards and providing guidance on what has to be done for changes. Providing support to group companies that help them prepare their accounts in a timely manner.
- Provide advisory support to M&A team for decisions on transactions/structuring in a manner that enhances / protects P&L and shareholder value and facilitate synergies.
- Pro-actively participate with relevant standard setters with represent Group stand and views on issues and new developments.
- Process improvements/simplification using automation / technology-led transformation to improve speed and quality of information and reduce the cost.
- Ensure team development which has knowledge and skills of very high order for timely and accurate delivery of various deliverables and which are capable of handling complex matters and provide guidance to the group companies.
- Ensuring governance and adoption of Mahindra core values of highest order.
- Interactions (Who all does the roleholder has to interact with) Group CFO, Controller of Accounts, Sector CFOs, Division CFOs & Head Of Accounts (HOA), Group Companies CFO&HOA, Auditors, M&A Team, Taxation team, Secretarial team, Legal team, Corporate Finance team, Investor Relations team, etc.
Job Requirements Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- In depth knowledge of Ind AS / IFRS Accounting Standards, SEBI LODR requirements. Awareness of literature of Big Four accounting firms on issues and additional knowledge and experience of US GAAP is helpful.
- Apart from technical skills, person needs to have good interpersonal skills and develop relationships with other teams.
- Abilities to handle pressure and working on multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- High level of ability to listen, logical thinking and rational decision making
- Clarity in communication and good presentation skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of latest technologies in use in accounting and reporting functions.
- Developing people and building a team with technical strength and with good communication and presentation skills.
Qualification: C.A. / Cost Accountant/ ICAEW