HR at Maharashtra Rail Infrastructure Development Ltd
Views:1030 Applications:262 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:40
Maharashtra Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation - Public Relationship Officer (5-15 yrs)
Public relations officers use a wide range of media to build and sustain a good image for a company, organisation or brand through planned publicity campaigns and PR activity.
Tasks include :
- Planning publicity strategies and campaigns
- Writing and producing presentations and press releases
- Dealing with enquiries from the public, the press, and related organisations
- Organising and attending promotional events such as press conferences, open days, exhibitions, tours and visits
- Speaking publicly at interviews, press conferences and presentations
- Providing clients with information about new promotional opportunities and current PR campaigns progress
- Analyzing media coverage
- Commissioning or undertaking relevant market research
- Depending on the employer, PR officers may also be required to carry out other, more general, marketing responsibilities. This can involve working on websites and social media and writing and/or producing presentations, reports, articles, leaflets, journals and brochures for both external and internal distribution.
- A degree in any subject is acceptable, although English, management, business or media studies, marketing or behavioural sciences may be preferred by some employers. A PR postgraduate qualification can also be helpful.
Soft Skills :
- Experience handling a press conference.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English and Marathi) both must.
- Ability to pitch to the media.
- Knowledge of consumer marketing.
- An ability to work on big strategy plans as well as day-to-day tasks.
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically.