MagicPin - Product Analyst (1-3 yrs)
About magicpin :
magicpin drive discovery and commerce for the offline retailers. We enable local merchants to promote themselves and thus increase footfalls to their stores. In less than 5 years, we have become the leader in USD 1 Trillion market with 1 million+ merchants. Our clients include Pepsi, ITC, McDonald- s, Taco Bell, Burger King, The Beer Cafe amongst others.
magicpin was started by ex-IIT and ex-IIM graduates with extensive experience in top tier consulting firms, start-ups and marquee VC firms (http://magicpin.in/about-us/). We are backed by Lightspeed Venture Partners, Water Bridge Ventures and Google.
We have a strong innate desire to solve hard and challenging problems, and work with people who are street smart and fun. We strive hard to find people who share this DNA with us, hence every addition to our team is highly selective.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Understand the business, define problems, and design structured approaches to solve them
- Perform exploratory analysis on large volumes of data to validate/disregard hypotheses
- Identify opportunities using insights for product/process improvement
- Create dashboards and automated reports to track KPIs
- Effectively communicate your ideas and findings to product managers, VPs and CXOs
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders (engineering, design, sales, and operations teams) on a regular basis to drive product/process changes and improve business intelligence
Knowledge and Skills :
- 1-3 years of work experience; UG from a top-tier 1/2 school (B.Tech or B.Sc in Maths/Statistics/Economics degree preferable)
- Strong analytical skills, process orientation, and good communication skills
- Possess basic business sense and an understanding of common statistics/analytics techniques
- Proficient in Excel and SQL (experience of working in Python/R is preferable)
- Strong ownership, drive and the experience of working independently in unstructured environments
- Ability to work closely with cross-functional teams within tight timelines to executeon decisions
- An appreciation for the connection between your work and the outcome (the impact it has on the organization and the experience it delivers to the customers)