Magic Bus - Specialist - Monitoring & Evaluation (6-12 yrs)
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
- Magic Bus today impacts the lives of 4, 50,000 adolescents and more than 40,000 youths directly and thousands of families indirectly. Our Programmes have brought in a paradigm shift for the many families who earlier were constrained by financial compulsions, cultural norms and other adverse living conditions. While our efforts could bring school drop-out rate to below 5%, child marriage is slowly edging for extinction in the communities where we work.
- We envision ourselves playing a significant role in touching lives of 1.6 million adolescents and 3, 00,000 youths directly via our Childhood to Livelihood programme by the end of 2023. Like us, many great organisations are today more than willing to invest their trust in our programmes and philosophy and partner with us in realizing this dream of ours as well as more than 4,00,000 families. We feel that being of service to needy is the biggest opportunity that an organization like us can even find and here, we have seized it.
- We wish to transcend nations and enable thousands of lives in Bangladesh, Myanmar and Nepal who are reeling under poverty escape its vicious cycle. As we grow, each individual assumes a higher level accountability. In this context, we seek to strengthen the evaluation process as well as knowledge management of the organization.
- The M&E Specialist will report to the Director - Impact would Lead the research, monitoring and evaluation domain which form integral part of the knowledge vertical (Program Development) at Magic Bus.
Key responsibilities :
- Lead on design, execution and leveraging of evaluations of key Magic Bus programmes
- Develop innovative and rigorous MEL frameworks to capture accurately the change that Magic Bus enables
- Supporting the Fundraising and Communications team in the use of credible data (both primary and secondary)
- Manage projects and partnerships both internal and external
- Develop and facilitate the development of concept notes/ papers for internal and external audiences
Qualification & Work experience :
- Graduation/Post-graduation in any social science from reputed institution / university
- 6-12 years' experience in MEL, with a strong and demonstrated interest in evaluations, with minimum 05 years in planning, managing MEL
- Demonstrated experience in performance measurement, indicator selection and monitoring, and data collection/analysis
- Database management experience
1. Programme Operations team - An ongoing collaboration within the team and create a conducive environment for sharing of information constructive criticism and suggestion alongside the regular progress of programmes.
2. Sustainability /Fundraising team - Extend support to the Fundraising teams in creating descriptive as well as narrative reports among other things.
3. Communications Team - To develop effective channel for internal as well as external communications, milestones achieved, success stories etc.
4. Other support functions - to ensure adequate manpower, fund allocation & accuracy, technology enablement are in place.
Desired Competencies :
- Commitment to rigor and accuracy
- Proven ability in conducting and facilitating quantitative and qualitative work
- Proven ability to mentor and facilitate learning among team members
- Proven ability in handling challenging partnerships
- Proven ability to manage complex internal and external relationships
Mobility requirements : Travel would be required in line with the requirements of the project(s) , various external stakeholders like government agencies, funders etc. as well as for representing Magic Bus on outside forum if required from time to time.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.