Staffing Consultant at Maersk Line
Views:1169 Applications:349 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Maersk Line - Senior Purchaser - Marine Lubricants/Chemicals & Paints (4-8 yrs)
Job description :
- A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With the simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com All the way.
- Knowledge beyond borders: In Maersk Procurement, which currently operates out of more than 20 locations globally, we believe in an environment that focuses on individual talent, skills and interests. We strive to be best in class by utilizing our access to knowledge accumulated in 100+ Maersk countries.
- International exposure: As part of your job you will be building relationships with stakeholders across the globe.
- On-the-job learning: You will be given responsibilities right from the start as we promote a steep learning curve across different functions, practices and domains.
- We are a dynamic, performance-oriented organization with a down-to-earth attitude and approachable management culture. We live our values and build strong teams of people passionate for their job and dedicated to always change for the better.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create and execute project implementation strategies
- Understand & Analyze end-user requirement
- Perform statistical data analysis and derive key understandings from terminal data to drive project implementation
- Supplier scope identification & evaluation
- Assist procurement in developing contracts with the relevant suppliers
- Ensure contract availability with the end users & implement the contracts
- Work closely with contract owners for SPM/SRM related activities
- Actively engage with key internal, external stakeholders and suppliers
- Developing and presenting proposals for management decisions
Desired Candidate Profile:
- 3 4 years of relevant track record in procurement, consultancy, project management, category management related position
- Ability to, independently and as part of a team, successfully complete assigned tasks with excellent result while meeting agreed deadlines
- High analytical skills and ability to understand a challenging situation quickly
- Project management expertise would be an advantage
- Ability to grasp information quickly and understand how the work ties into procurement processes
- Ability to make decisions and drive task completion in instances where absolute clarity does not exist
- Ability to manage internal & external stakeholders efficiently
- Understanding of relevant supplier market factors related to shipping/port industry
- Excellent communication skills (verbal/written, English language)
- Willingness to travel to client locations globally based on business requirements