Staffing Consultant at Maersk Line
Views:899 Applications:254 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:14
Maersk Line - Legal Counsel Role (4-7 yrs)
The positions will report to the Head Legal & Compliance, India, Philippines and China. The position will be responsible to handle all legal, contractual and regulatory matters for the Company and will also be closely aligned and be required to interface regularly with the relevant business heads, HR, POSH committee, procurement & sales Team, all other support functions and external counsels in India, Philippines and China.
- Provide strong contracting, legal and regulatory support to the business/procurement teams on all business operations and activities of the Company.
- Provide legal analysis and counsel on policy, on all labor and employment issues concerning the business.
- Review employment contracts to advise stakeholders/HR about their employment rights while recommending legal action.
- Research and drafting of legal opinions to internal stakeholders.
- Provide general legal advice and support to other functions e.g. human resources, finance, IT, admin, corporate services, real estate management etc.
- Maintain good standards of corporate governance, including ensuring compliance with applicable laws, consents, regulations, Companies policies and rules.
- Provide legal support to HR team on Employee related disciplinary and grievance matters, POSH complaints, ethics and corruption related matters and disputes and litigations related to employees.
Who we are looking for:
- The candidate should have an excellent academic background with a Law Degree from a reputable university/ institution. Exposure to the IT/ITES sector would be preferred. Specialization in labour law would be preferable.
- Work experience of 4-6 years as an inhouse employment counsel or working in a law firm. Knowledge of Kannada and Hindi would be preferred.
- The candidate must have an excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to draft and close agreements and other documents independently and efficiently; strong organizational and interpersonal skills, including ability to work effectively with the business team and with senior management team; proactive, with excellent research, analytical skills and should be able to exercise judgment and discretion to opine on legal issues effectively; should abreast with all the applicable statutes and laws.