Staffing Consultant at Maersk Line
Views:1980 Applications:579 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Maersk Line - Lead Logistics Manager - Supply Chain Management (8-16 yrs)
Maersk Line - Lead Logistics Manager - SCM
We Offer :
- This position requires managing, controlling and developing the Mumbai Supply Chain Management (SCM) business activities in accordance with the Regional business strategy and local business environment in order to deliver maximum profit and optimize business assets and human resources.
- The role will have Assistant Managers reporting to the desk with a total team size of 30+ staff (excluding GSC)
Key Responsibilities :
- The supply chain manager directs the process which includes the planning of procurement, production, inventory control, logistics and distribution.
- The manager has to ensure that every step of the process is functioning effectively to avoid costly delays and lost sales opportunities.
- Prepare & maintain operational Contingency Plan
- Translate Branch budget to Team budget & KPIs
- Analyze potential productivity gains and verify with Branch OPS manager
- Develop the procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas, such as sales, marketing, finance, production, or quality assurance.
- Monitor Customer level CM1 (contribution margin)
- Deliver financial and operational targets defined in the Branch Business Plan
- Provide leadership in the areas of business development as well as optimum utilization of resources.
- Verify adherence to the practice of SOP
Cost Reduction and Process Improvement :
- It is an ongoing requirement for the supply chain manager.
- Cost reductions and increases in productivity usually equal higher profits.
Vendor Management :
- The position is required to manage the relationships between many different vendors and information technology systems.
- Relationship building is important in maintaining this high level of service and quality.
- Monitor vendor performance to assess its ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Regular review meetings with Shipping Lines & CFS
Team Management :
- A supply chain manager will train, develop, mentor and assist his subordinates in all of the departments that fall within the supply chain process.
- It is essential that the various components of the team function effectively. Constant process and employee review is needed to ensure that the process stays cost effective.
- Manage team boundaries and allocate resources between teams for an effective work load balance
Other Responsibilities :
- Monitor team KPIs and required course corrections
- Ensure superior Service delivery / customer satisfaction & conduct associated benchmarking projects.
Who we are looking for :
- Masters degree from recognized university
- In-depth knowledge of and at least 8 years experience with Logistics industry
- Experience and knowledge in warehousing, transport, business development, solution design and if possible customs
- SCM background with perfect understanding of international supply chains is preferable
- Commercially astute with excellent business acumen
- The position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
- English is the principal language. However, the position also requires proficiency in languages as necessary to be effective in the company culture and geography of the assigned account(s)
- Excellent spoken & written Communication skills
- Ability to Present, facilitate & train
- Proactive, Self Starter who can work alone and extend support to colleagues
- Good problem solving skills with the ability to anticipate and resolve problems
- Interpersonal skills to hold articulate conversations with concerned stakeholders
- People Management & Change management skills
Learning Opportunities :
- Acquire in depth knowledge of the Logistics business
- Driving a SCM branch organisation with operational accountability
- SCM market knowledge
- Deep insight into customer needs in the local market
- Exposure to a P&L profile