Staffing Consultant at Maersk Line
Views:4945 Applications:199 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:68
Maersk Line - Junior Legal Counsel - LLB (2-6 yrs)
- An opportunity to be part of an evolving legal team in Maersk Line
- Working with partners, shareholders, authorities and other stakeholders
- Appointing, Liaisoning with the Advocates on record.
- Attending Court proceedings.
- Providing evidence on behalf of company.
- Management and Tracking of all company litigation in all courts on a Pan India basis.
- Researching best way forward for closure of ongoing legal cases.
2. Commercial Settlements
- Out of Court Settelments.
- Arbitration/Negotiation with Vendors as provided in all Agreements on a case to case basis.
- Providing legal & commercially viable solutions like freight recovery, non-compliance by sub-contractors / vendors, fraud, employee policy violations, to the management.
- Assess legal risk and exposure of the company in all business and operational ventures.
- Provide business knowledge & support to the Claims team.
- Responding / Liaising with Local & Federal Authorities like Directorate of Revenue Intelligence, Reserve Bank of India, Food Safety & Standard Authority of India etc.
4. Drafting & Vetting
- All agreements entered into by the company (including but not limited to AMCs, Leave and License, Lease Deeds, Housekeeping, Security services, Counter Vendor Agreements SLAs.
- Standardization of all location / branch office agreements.
- Vetting and assessment of any agreement received from a Vendor/Customer.
- Drafting and Vetting of legal instruments for e.g. Undertakings, Indemnity bonds, Letter of Intent, Power of Attorney, Letter of Authority.
- Legal communication with local authorities, vendors, customers, employees and ex- employees.
- Drafting of CSR Policy in compliance with the local laws.
- Legal assessment of all proposals received by MLIPL.
- Ensuring necessary compliance with regards to the CSR Rules and Companies Act.
6. Knowledge Sharing and Legal
- Making all functions aware of various applicable Statutory laws & compliances.
- Conduct anti- corruption & fraud awareness workshops for all new joinees.
7. Secretarial Compliance
- Convening Board & Shareholders meetings.
- Procedures for Appointment of Board members.
- Maintaining the Statutory registers of the Company.
- Filing of Statutory returns with appropriate authorities.
- GEMS updation.
8. Whistle Blowing Investigations
- Conduct investigations to whistle blowing cases from the Cluster.
- Update GIA and / or ML Legal.
- Submit the final report for necessary action.
9. Authority Matrix
- Compiling and updatation of Local Authority Matrix in line with GAM.
Who we are looking for:
- Degree in Law (LLB) and minimum 2 -3 years of experience in Corporate Legal work.
- Great communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in working on litigation cases.