Staffing Consultant at Maersk Line
Views:3912 Applications:581 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
Maersk Line - Head - Sourcing (10-22 yrs)
A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated transport and logistics company with multiple brands and is a global leader in container shipping and ports. Including a stand-alone Energy division, the company employs roughly 88,000 employees across operations in 130 countries.
We are looking for the Head of our Strategic Sourcing team in Mumbai within Maersk Procurement, a part of the Maersk Group supporting our different brands globally. In Group Procurement our vision is: - Every dollar spent is spent professionally- .
It will be an opportunity to have a career as a global strategic sourcing professional in a Fortune 500 company: For us, fast growth means a steady stream of new challenges, and a constant need for new ideas, knowledge and talent to overcome them.
A chance to work on projects around the world and lead a high performing team: You will join an organization with the size and global reach it takes for you to make your mark on the world. Our team works out of offices in Mumbai and Copenhagen, but acts as a partner to our colleagues in regional offices around the globe. An environment where you will consistently work at the edge of your comfort zone and experience a high degree of empowerment in project strategy, tactics and implementing innovative solutions.
Knowledge beyond borders: In Maersk Procurement, we believe in an environment that focuses on individual talent, skills and interests. We strive to be best in class by utilizing our access to knowledge accumulated in 100+ Maersk countries.
International exposure: As part of your job you will be building relationships with stakeholders across the globe.
On-the-job learning & training opportunities: You will be given responsibilities right from the start as we promote a steep learning curve across different functions, practices and domains. We also have a keen focus on ensuring our leaders are trained and prepared to handle what is expected of them in Maersk Procurement.
We are a dynamic, performance oriented organization with a down-to-earth attitude and approachable management culture. We live our values and build strong teams of people passionate for their job and dedicated to always change for the better.
You will be responsible for leading a team of 17 sourcing professionals and accountable for driving cost leadership for the Maersk brands in close cooperation with stakeholders working in a matrix organization.
As Head of the Sourcing team in Mumbai you will be responsible for a variety of leadership and strategic tasks, e.g.:
- Leading a team of 17 sourcing professionals - (10) flexible resources deployed across categories and (7) resources dedicated to our global equipment repair pipeline - with overall responsibility of line management of team managers and individuals
- Being part of the Mumbai and Sourcing Management team
- Driving high level of team engagement
- Building capabilities in the team through coaching and mentoring
- Driving strategic leadership through talent management and succession planning
- Developing departmental plans, including long term and short-term priorities jointly with the Global Head of Sourcing in Copenhagen
- Driving overall development and execution of local pipelines in coordination with stakeholders and team members
- Having accountability for project management of advanced and complex projects across spend categories & brands - including playing a lead role for global engagements owned by Strategic Sourcing
Who we are looking for
Our employees represent a wide range of educational backgrounds, work experience and nationalities - most important to us is your interpersonal skills. You must thrive in a fast paced, fast changing and dynamic environment and be a true team player with strong analytical abilities and communication skills. The ideal candidate would look like below:
- Holds a Bachelor's degree at minimum, MBA / Master's degree will be an added advantage
- Relevant work experience of 10+ years
- Past leadership experience in a matrix set-up would be preferred
- Top performer who excels in executing under pressure and over-delivering via the team
- Understands stakeholder management excellence and can build rapport even in challenging situations
- Ambitious, Self-driven with Entrepreneurial spirit and independent decision-making ability
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills