Maersk Line - Category Manager (8-12 yrs)
Maersk - Category Manager - Mumbai
- Do you want to be an integrated part of identifying and driving Maersk towards a Carbon Neutral Future, and do you have an interest in managing a strategic category within our Marine team that focus on business optimization, global strategy, and stakeholder collaboration?
- Are you a team player with high stakeholder management skills, strong drive and high degree of ownership?
- Are you passionate about negotiations, category strategies and supplier relationship?
Then you may just the one we are looking for!
We offer :
- This position offers an excellent opportunity to work in a very dynamic, international and professionally challenging environment among skilled and dedicated colleagues.
- As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job - regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
- We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength. In Maersk we make occupational safety and health our highest priority, and we try to ensure that our employees have a healthy work-life balance.
Key responsibilities :
As a Category Manager you will be overall responsible for establishing the procurement strategy for this spend category. You will make sure we have the right level of global supplier coverage and the right agreements in place.
Other key tasks :
- Building and executing on an exciting and aggressive strategy to ensure cost leadership for our Brands
- Focal person service contracting
- Driving cross functional projects to deliver on our ambitious year-on-year cost reduction targets
- Improve supplier performance
- Improved compliance
- Proactive contract reviews and renewals
- Live savings measurement and tracking - identified vs. realized
- Your position and tasks offer you a unique opportunity to build a strong network in the marine industry as well as across the Maersk organization.
- This position is based in Mumbai, India and some travel can be expected to visit suppliers and to engage with internal and external stakeholders
We are looking for :
- This position is well-suited to an individual with strong interpersonal skills, capable of developing and influencing internal and external relationships.
- You should have Sourcing & negotiation skills (contractual and commercial negotiation, supplier management, sourcing methods & tools)
- Ability to use e-sourcing and data analytics tools
- You must have a proven track record of working with Service contracting in an international business environment.
- You have ideally worked with onsite service in mechanical and electrical industry. Either as a category manager, service coordinator or salesperson.
- Result oriented, dynamic, self-driven, team player
- You have a strong commercial mindset with a natural focus on achieving the most cost-effective solutions for the business.
- Data driven to leverage data analytics, data visualization and data presentation for strategic analysis of category/spend portfolio and supplier panel.
- You have a strong interest for technical service and is continuously developing your knowledge of the area.
- 8-10 years of experience with in the marine industry or other heavy industry
- Your educational background is BSc or MSc in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain Management, or similar.
- Are a team player, who understands the importance of stakeholder management, can build rapport at all levels even in challenging situations and can encourage and influence others without authority
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset and strong analytical skills.
- Are able to take ownership, work independently in a structured manner and achieve concrete results.
- You can handle risks and uncertainties and are flexible in adapting when priorities change. You feel comfortable challenging the status quo and are motivated to lead change.
- Are an excellent communicator in English both in writing and in speaking.