Staffing Consultant at Maersk Line
Views:1054 Applications:275 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Maersk Line - Assistant Project Manager - IT Sourcing & Procurement (7-15 yrs)
Get on the fast-track to an international career with a fortune 500 company!
We are looking for a Assistant Project Manager - IT Sourcing & Procurement to join the Maersk Group's Procurement team based in Mumbai, India supporting our business units globally.
In Maersk Procurement our vision is: Every dollar spent is spent professionally.
It will be an opportunity to have a career as a global strategic sourcing professional in a Fortune 500 company: For us, fast growth means a steady stream of new challenges, and a constant need for new ideas, knowledge and talent to overcome them.
A chance to work on projects around the world: You will join an organization with the size and global reach it takes for you to make your mark on the world. An environment where you will consistently work at the edge of your comfort zone and experience a high degree of empowerment in project strategy, tactics and implementing innovative solutions.
Knowledge beyond borders: In Maersk's Group Procurement, which currently operates out of more than 20 locations globally, we believe in an environment that focuses on individual talent, skills and interests. We strive to be best in class by utilizing our access to knowledge accumulated in 100+ Maersk countries.
International exposure: As part of your job you will be building relationships with stakeholders across the globe.
On-the-job learning: You will be given responsibilities right from the start as we promote a steep learning curve across different functions, practices and domains.
We are a dynamic, performance oriented organization with a down-to-earth attitude and approachable management culture. We live our values and build strong teams of people passionate for their job and dedicated to always change for the better.
You will be responsible for driving IT-sourcing projects for the over-all Maersk Business units in accordance with Group Procurement's framework and sourcing steps. This includes:
- Work with cross functional IT/Tech project teams, stakeholders across different departments, business units and geographies to understand and define the requirements
- Support the IT community to develop procurement strategies for IT categories in the group.
- Mapping and analyzing data on current spend patterns and identifying cost drivers and opportunities in complex marketplaces
- Conduct in depth market and supplier research
- Manage and execute RFI/RFP's and act as single point of contact for supplier during negotiations
- Manage senior stakeholder engagement via steering committees
- Facilitate technical scope discussions
- Prepare and negotiate contracts in close collaboration with legal counsel and project team.
Finally, you will gather and analyze business and market intelligence to assist strategic decision making within the IT community.
We are looking for:
Our employees represent a wide range of educational backgrounds, work experience and nationalities - most important to us is your personal skills. You must thrive in a fast paced, fast changing and dynamic environment and be a true team player with strong analytical abilities and interpersonal, and communication skills. The ideal candidate would look like the below:
- You have actively been involved in IT sourcing and procurement activities for a minimum of 8-10 years where you have acquired experience in strategic sourcing, supplier negotiations, contract management and project management and stakeholder management
- Preferably you have strong knowledge of the IT industry - hardware, software as a service, Cloud and IT managed services. Either with industry experience from a vendor or from a similar position in other global company.
- Ideally, you come with a background as a Project Manager, Procurement Manager, Management Consultant or Technical Consultant in the IT-field, and a proven track record of:
- IT hardware, software as a service, Cloud and IT managed services procurement
- Excellent negotiation skills and contractual / legal knowledge
- Technical understanding of various IT / Tech. concepts and industry trends
- Proactive collaboration with suppliers, business partners and key stakeholders
- Business and commercial acumen